So who has the strangest listening chair?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scumurculum

Reaction score
OK yes, that is a rather unusual topic for a thread.

However, I have had the pleasure of purchasing the following chair for critical listening.

Yes, it might well be the ugliest chair ever made, but I love it and it is really comforable as well, I can even lie in it.

So can anyone top that?

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,395
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 508
Comfort is the key, that's for sure, and if surrounded with the right decor......I think it's kinda cool !!

Looks like a great chair to have if you are not built symetrically, i.e. one shoulder is much higher than the other.

You can also turn it through 90° and still sit in it, and block any waves coming at you from the sides.

One big advantage in having the chair is that no one will fight you for it. :)

It doesn't look too bad, but I don't know whether I'd enjoy not sitting symetrically.

Now you've got a spare bean-bag for some more acoustic damping!

Very cool chair, but I am with Twitch its all about comfort. I used to have a Wassily chair that looked awesome in my listening room, but not the most comfortable for extended listening sessions. My seat now, in the sweet spot of course, is an Ekorn Stressless chair & ottoman. AHHHHHH.

Attachments

• MediaFront.jpg
    MediaFront.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Ekornes, Stressless, yessssss... :D

At least Scrum's chair knows how somebody might wake up after a long night of listening... and drinking.

Now that's what I call a Beer Chair. ha, ha...

Satch

It doesn't look too bad, but I don't know whether I'd enjoy not sitting symetrically.

Now you've got a spare bean-bag for some more acoustic damping!

Is that what the boulder behind the chair is? A bean bag?

Do you think this chair was designed in 1977?

Attachments

• SNF3.jpg
    SNF3.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 330
I bought the most comfortable chairs that I could find as well for my soundroom due to hours of listening to music and watching movies. The chairs recline and the headrest can be ajusted any number of ways to suit the individials preference.

Attachments

• rear of room.jpg
    rear of room.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Hi guys, yes that is a bean bag behind. Actually the brand name for it is love sack...enough said.

The "bean bag" was really comfortable however i found that I sat too low in it, so my ears were about level with the bottom of the panels.

The new chair is exceptionally comfotable, we found it in an antique shop although I think it is less than ten years old, as it is in almost perfect condition.

Despite the lopsided arms it is comfortable sitting up for critical litening, however it comes in to its own late at night as i often like to listen and doze of, so i can lie sideways with my legs over the low arm.

Not that I have had the time to listen much in the last few days, just discovered our lovely new house floods when it rains...but that is another story.

Despite the lopsided arms it is comfortable sitting up for critical litening, however it comes in to its own late at night as i often like to listen and doze of, so i can lie sideways with my legs over the low arm.

I sometimes fllake out too - I HATE IT - waste of precious listening time!

Not that I have had the time to listen much in the last few days, just discovered our lovely new house floods when it rains...but that is another story.

Not the listening room I hope??

Amey

I love falling asleep to music, actually until I moved in with my wife, I used to have my stereo set up with the speakers on each side of the bed at the head and I always went to sleep to the sound of a CD.

With respect to the flooding, Its the room (my office) coming off the stereo room, although during the height of the big storm on thursday night, the water was within an inch from the bottom of the french doors behind the system , which was a bit scary.

Things like that happen when you get nearly 100mm (4 inches) of rain in less than an hour.

The problem is fixable but expensive, but hey i would have just spent it on my system anyway

Last edited:
This thread reminded me - I have a good friend who had a fainting couch upholstered in tapestry material, and it was truly butt ugly, uglier than even scumurculum's chair. When moving house he was wondering what to do with it, so I suggested that he pay someone to take it to the dump :)

He was almost offended, saying that he had paid $2,000 for it. I think he kept it.

Amey

I love falling asleep to music, actually until I moved in with my wife, I used to have my stereo set up with the speakers on each side of the bed at the head and I always went to sleep to the sound of a CD.

With respect to the flooding, Its the room (my office) coming off the stereo room, although during the height of the big storm on thursday night, the water was within an inch from the bottom of the french doors behind the system , which was a bit scary.

Things like that happen when you get nearly 100mm (4 inches) of rain in less than an hour.

The problem is fixable but expensive, but hey i would have just spent it on my system anyway

Well, we've had the wettest October on record, and it is only the 11th!

I had water only 1 inch from my system too (seriously) - but it was draining away to the street just fine so no worry.

Still - scary alright! All you need is a big pipe to take the water from your house to a lower point.........near next door perhaps?

Here's mine... a little vino, a little Vivaldi.... aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Attachments

• 310001702_03661692e5_z.jpg
    310001702_03661692e5_z.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Back