Sequel ii Sound only coming through woofer

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twantheswan

Reaction score
Hey,

I was recently given a pair of Sequel ii from a family friend. Everything seemed fine with them (no audio problems or anything) until about a week ago. I noticed that the audio from one of the speakers is only coming out of the woofer. They worked 100% when I first got them and haven't abused them in any way.

I tried to switch speaker wires with the other speaker, changed outputs on the amp, and have come to the conclusion that it's the speaker itself that is the issue. I think it has something to do with the power supply. Unplugging the power cable does nothing to the sound and the woofer is still the only source of sound.

Is this a common problem that people have had before? If so is there a fix?

Thanks!

Edit: if it matters the pair of speakers I have were made in April of 89
Edit 2: if this is a transformer issue, would anyone know where can I buy some?

Last edited:
Also, double check that the bridging clips between the two sets of binding posts are well-attached and that the unused binding posts nuts are tightened down to ensure good contact.

Many people connect the amp to the lower binding posts (closer to the ground), and a loose (or missing) bridge clip means the upper posts are not getting signal (or if loose, it is intermittent) and lose output from the panel.

Latest posts

Back