RIP: Doug Fieger

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Surprised nobody mentioned this.. Doug Fieger, lead singer for "The Knack" passed away on Feb 14th after a long battle with lung cancer. :sad:

About 6 months ago, I was chatting with my brother in law and he mentioned that he while ripping all his music, he listened to "Get The Knack" in it's entirety and that it still sounded really good.

So I broke out my copy and took a listen. He was right. Great CD from start to finish.

RIP, Doug.

This made the papers over here in metro-Detroit as Doug was the brother of Jeffery Fieger (Jack Kevorkian's former attorney). Not sure about the rest of the country but My Sharona was a huge hit over here.

Does anybody remember the Nuke the Knack movement?

Even was ads (remember this was before the net!) in some of the music magazines. Never really got what it was about but my recollection of the deal was that some of the music industry was for some reason miffed at them and tried to take it to the public.

Anybody remember more????

OldMonolith

NPR did a nice piece about him. the namesake of the song was the primary interviewee. you can probably download the podcast if you wanted.

Back