Replacing Aeon wood trim, possible?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

htsource

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to replace the wood trim on the Aeon speakers? I don't see how as there's no screws visible.

I bought them in Oak but now I have a Salamander Designs rack and it's in maple. The whole thing would look much nicer if I could get the maple wood trims.

Any help is much appreciated.

Simon

htsource said:
Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to replace the wood trim on the Aeon speakers? I don't see how as there's no screws visible.

I bought them in Oak but now I have a Salamander Designs rack and it's in maple. The whole thing would look much nicer if I could get the maple wood trims.

Any help is much appreciated.

Simon

Sure you can replace them! They are fastened like wigs. Simply knock them out gently (with a wood block between rail and hammer) from the underside of the rail. Should also be somewhere in the manuals of I recall.

garmtz said:
Sure you can replace them! They are fastened like wigs. Simply knock them out gently (with a wood block between rail and hammer) from the underside of the rail. Should also be somewhere in the manuals of I recall.
Hola, look at the bottom of the speakers and just where the rails are, there are two metal pieces...first you have to take this metal off, with two screws that are holding them ...then with a rubber mallet, with gentle strokes, you can take the rails off, from top to bottom...they will slide only about two inches...then they are released. Hope this can help!
Regards from Costa Rica,
Roberto.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for the information. Now I'll find out how much it'll cost to get the maple trims. Any idea how much roughly?

Hmm, I may need to replace the wood panel on the Descent too, doh!

Simon

I have a pair of Aeon's with the maple trim pieces that are in excellent condition. I also have a Salamander rack but it doesn't match my speakers either since my rack is walnut. I would be interested in trading with you. What wood color do you have? And they are easy to remove/replace. Feel free to email me.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your reply, I have the light oak wood trim but unfortunately, I don't think they'll match your walnet Salamander rack but it's darker than maple :)

Mine are also in excellent shape - no scratches, if anyone is thinking of trading/selling, let me know.

Since you have the maple colour, do you know if that'll match the maple Salamander rack?

Thanks,

Simon

I have Aeons w/ Maple trim and might be interested in Oak. I have an ad in the classifieds on this site. Let me know if you are interested. In the meantime I will look for pictures of the Oak trim.
Jon

In an effort to enhance the WAF value of my system I decided to put my Aeon and Ascents rails up for sale/trade to acquire a matching set of darker wood rails for my HT system. I posted an ad on the classified threads.

Wouldn't it be great if ML had a wood trim exchange program for thier customers?

Craig said:
Wouldn't it be great if ML had a wood trim exchange program for thier customers?

Absolutely! In Europe it is difficult to find 'Black' and I'm stuck with Maple until I can make it back to the States for Christmas.

Back