Repanelling ML Clarity's

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

DouginDallas

Reaction score
Is it possible to spray some sort of conductive coating through the stator onto the Mylar film to enhance the conductance if one panel is starting to sound quieter?
Can anyone confirm if this is possible? I don’t have the tools or the patience/skills/steadiness to take apart the panel but want to know if it’s possible to coat the Mylar through the stator.

Stevieg335i

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm if this is possible? I don’t have the tools or the patience/skills/steadiness to take apart the panel but want to know if it’s possible to coat the Mylar through the stator.
Hi,

I don’t think that this would work. Apart from anything else there is a strip of foil that supplies the HV to the Mylar /conductive coating and you can’t see it as it’s under one side of the stator. That would also need to be coated. Also you have to make sure that no conductive fluid is anywhere near the spars. I allow 5mm either side of each spar where there is no coating, otherwise arcing is very likely. You would not want the coating anywhere near the stators either as that would cause issues.

I just dont think you can do it this way. Splitting the stators and a rebuild from scratch is the only way I know to do it.

kind regards

steve