New Member, long time ML owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSequel

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now as I'm updating my A/V setup and doing research. I've had ML Sequels (the original) since 1988 and they're still the central focus of my setup - love the speakers. After reading about brackets for holding up the sagging panels, I realized I could make some using some 1/2" wide aluminum I had. The photo below is after said modification.

ML in-process.png

Back in the early days I evaluated many amps to power them, settled on a Bedini BA801 which had the right combination of tight control of the woofer and clean highs and the dynamic headroom needed to deal with the Sequel's. Currently I am driving 5 speakers including a ML Motion 6 center channel with an 80W/ch Pioneer VSX-820 A/V receiver (lol - I know, right?) Not sure if it's the panels being replaced in '98 (thanks for the serial number decoder!) and being more efficient or that Pioneer just made decent amps but I have no issues driving the setup to 100dB-C in a relatively small room. That's enough for now - hello fellow ML owners!

Latest posts

Back