Potential Owner

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm Gordon and shopping for new speakers. I'm intrigued by the Vantage or the Summit's. I've always admired ML but could never take the leap due to my being fixated on magnetic/driver speakers. My present gear is as follows:

Paradigm Signature S8
Mcintosh MCD-201 CD player
" MC352 Amp
" C2200 tube Pre

I've searched and have found there are quite a few people running ML with Mickies. I tried listening to a pair of Vantage yesterday but the result was unpleasant due to entry level equipment and a poor salesman.

I plan on reading more here and trying to gain a better understanding of ML since all of my speaker experience has been magnetic.

Gordon

Jump in ...the water is fine!!!

My dealer who sold me my Summits runs The Summits with a 352 at home in his own personal system. Mind you he has the choice of just about anything on the market but "chose" that combination. I've never listened to his system but I am sure it is awesome...

Last edited:
I have found that McIntosh gear matched with ML Vantage speakers give me the best of both worlds: warm nonfatiguing sound of mac equipment with the wide & revealing soundstage which the ML Vantage speakers deliver. I have been very happy with the synergy of this combination.
Jim

As long as your musical preferences do not include Pantera or Nuclear Assault played at nose-bleed levels, you will not be disappointed with Martin Logans.

Go for it !

~VDR

Back