panel polarity reversed for nearfield listening?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw that review too. But it is apparent that it is a very old article... like from 1989 when the Sequel II was first introduced, so in many ways it is not the same speaker that I have. The tip-offs were the woofer construction and bass cut switch on the back.

Mine are built in December of 1994 and incorporate many changes. The bass switch evolved to "flat/+2dB", the woofer is completely different and the power supply came with the music sensing feature that powers down the stators...so the high voltage interface and crossovers may be completely reworked. I will not be mucking around with my woofer phasing. ;)

~VDR

Mine are SL3s, so different still.

But maybe that doesn't alter the principle of panel/woofer polarity for near/farfield response.
I am actually listening in nearfield conditions to a large extent, so could be relevant.

It's not hard to swap the connections of both panels (or woofers) - the hardest thing in my view is to get an unbiased opinion (placebo :eek:)

Latest posts

Back