Painting scripts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultra88

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question, my wife ask me if it was possible to paint the script speakers we currently have in our home, they are black now...,which i personaly like that way...but she wants them color matched to the walls,which is a tan color, is it possible to do this without ruining them?
If so, what would be the procedure to taking apart the electrostat panels....which is my main concern.....women!

Hello,
I have a question, my wife ask me if it was possible to paint the script speakers we currently have in our home, they are black now...,which i personaly like that way...but she wants them color matched to the walls,which is a tan color, is it possible to do this without ruining them?
If so, what would be the procedure to taking apart the electrostat panels....which is my main concern.....women!

Hola...I would paint them, but only the speaker´s cabinet...the panel is not good to paint it. Just take the panels off and paint them, then reinstall the panels...the only thing is that the panels will remain black. Perhaps ML has white panels for Script, you better ask...happy listening,
Roberto.

The problem with painting the panels is you would have to separate the stators to get to the insides of the stators. Not that this can't be done but it is a time consuming project and no guarantee they will sound the same when reassembled.

Your best chance of success is to contact ML and hear with them if they will paint a new set for you. You never know they might have had a similar request in the past.

Latest posts

Back