Help with new media room

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angelfire

Reaction score
Hi MLO,

Background: I hope one of you could help me with my question. I've slowly built out my MartinLogan system after listening to it at a Magnolia Store and loving the sound more than the Def Techs and B&W they also had available. Wife initially pushed me to start this because she hated the sound coming from our LG C7 and has enjoyed using our system for music to entertain and concerts available online when we aren't watching movies together. I use this system a majority of times for movies and games and have been very happy so far with how everything sounds.

My setup:
  1. Denon AVR-X4500H
  2. ML 60XT for L/R
  3. ML Focus ESL for Center
  4. ML LX16 for rears
  5. ML Dynamo 1500X
  6. XBOX One X
  7. PS4 Pro
  8. Nintendo Switch
  9. Nvidia Shield TV Pro
  10. Apple TV 4K

Questions: I will be moving to a new build home with a media room in a couple of months. The size of the media room is 12'-6" x 15'-4" and is rectangular. We'll need to maximize space as much as possible and so we're interested in having in having a full MartinLogan setup with rear and surrounds In-Walls and move the LX16s to my gaming PC. I don't want to spend more on speakers than I have to. I still want to invest in Atmos speakers and I'm looking at having separates. I don't want to go over $2K for each speaker but saving here and there will help build other areas faster. I've bought all my speakers on sale so it feels weird to spend more on surrounds vs LCR. What would you recommend I get to match my Focus and 60XTs? The Edge or the Axis speakers? Does it make sense to go Edge for rear and surrounds in such a small space? I'm confused with all the options available. I'm willing to save money over time and slowly build if it makes a huge difference. I went with Motion 60XTs because it had the sound I was looking for but didn't require as much space as electrostats. With quarantine in place I can't listen to any of these in person and my local Best Buy doesn't have anything above an IW or IC.

I've got 4 of the ICs in my ceiling for atmos and am very happy with them. I run an 11 channel atmos setup through my Marantz receiver. If I were installing in walls for the rears 2 pairs ,I would use the IWs. It all budget based though. I'd rather spend more money up front with the 3 channels. I'm usimg Prodigies and theater i.

Interesting. I’ll have to take some time to hear them at my local Best Buy.

Back