Old Problem with New Setup.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLasher22443

Reaction score
So now that I have added Acoustical panels to my room the sound has improved immensely, but I still have a problem. As stated before in a previous post of mine and others here on this forum have posted before I have a problem with being out of phase with my fronts; or so I think it is a problem. After installing all of the panels that I made, I then setup my speakers again through my Yamaha on the auto setup option. Before the traps, it always came back in the details after calibration from the Yamaha that my fronts were reversed in phase. But I knew 100% that they weren’t reversed. I double checked wires and connections and found nothing wrong. Only this time after adding the traps the right front says it is out of phase and the left front said it was normal.

So, what did I do in my room to make one front normal, and how did I make the other out of phase? I have set up the room exactly the same on both sides and the distances are the same. The only difference I know is the toe in. Being that I have a couch that has four seats and I sit in the left front seat of the couch I have them toed in to benefit me. Could this be the problem, and should I even be worrying about this? The Yamaha even gives each speaker different db levels by 2 db. It sets the out of phase right speaker to 2 db higher then the left.

Is this setup ok?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks sleepy I will give that a try when I get home tonight. I thought that might be the issue because the mic is placed closer to the left speaker. It is the right speaker that is out of phase. I am going to try moving and toe in to see if it corrects the problem. If I toe in both speakers at the same angle to the room instead of more towards my seat maybe that will help.

Latest posts

Back