Official Press Release: MartinLogan Purity

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
Hi Guys. Here's the official word on the new ML hybrid called "Purity".
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attachments

• purity.jpg
    purity.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 2,449
  • Purity_Press_Release_US.doc
    42 KB · Views: 545
they are ugly

Actually, they don't look quite as bad in person as they do in the picture. And remember, this is the same thing many people said about the Vantage/Summit when they came out. However, I do agree that they could be better looking. I think the Clarity is better looking. I guess there is only so much you can do with a small stat panel and a woofer box.

Actually, they don't look quite as bad in person as they do in the picture. And remember, this is the same thing many people said about the Vantage/Summit when they came out. However, I do agree that they could be better looking. I think the Clarity is better looking. I guess there is only so much you can do with a small stat panel and a woofer box.

I think they look nice. Not too bad in person, the design will grow on you. And they sound mighty good for the price (especially the Source at less than $2K!), this will definitely get some more folks into the ML fold!

I can see our club getting bigger now.... new members galore soon.

Joey

I don't think they're ugly at all..I think you gotta see them in the "flesh"...I guess. ;)

I don't think they're ugly at all..I think you gotta see them in the "flesh"...I guess. ;)

And the pic doesn't do it justice. They look better raked back a bit, and it doesn't help that the pic shows dark cherry.

I don't like dark cherry.

I think they look okay. I quite like dark cherry.

Listened to them last week, as Joey said, a very nice speaker in the sub-2k arena. The removable / switchable base is usefull for tilt adj along with the spiked feet. I didn't play around with it much so I don't know the range of adj.

Looks wise I have no problem with them. They should do great in a small cozy room.

This is kind of humerous. Heard the same whinning a few years ago about how ugly the Summits were. More than a few of those whinners bought a pair of the Summits.:p

I went to the US Martin Logan site and I do not see the Clarity and the Mosaic. Does this mean that the Clarity and Mosaic models have been replaced by the Purity and Source respectively? I see they even cost the same as the Clarity and Mosaic when they first came out.

On a side note, I agree with the other posters. The ML Purity and Source (not to mention the Summit, Vista and Vantage) are less stylish than its predecessors. What happened to the nice curves? I however, like the dark cherry finish.

Last edited:
Back