New panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

david515mi

Reaction score
Is it normal for new panels to sound gritty and congested before break-in? I’m certainly hearing some good things in comparison with the old ones (speakers are Quest-Z), but the treble is sounding a bit “dirty.”

Lightloopy

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by gritty-? distortion. New panels will sound thin, tizzy, and "not right" for 90-120 hrs. There is a definite break in period,-your results may vary. But you will be rewarded.

Racero

Reaction score
Is it normal for new panels to sound gritty and congested before break-in? I’m certainly hearing some good things in comparison with the old ones (speakers are Quest-Z), but the treble is sounding a bit “dirty.”
Did the sound improve?

Racero

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I have Quest Z’s and may have the same issue at some point.

My understanding is that the good news is that new panels are not very difficult to install. The bad news is that they are a slightly different color (brownish) which may not compliment my all black speakers.

can you confirm?

david515mi

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I have Quest Z’s and may have the same issue at some point.

My understanding is that the good news is that new panels are not very difficult to install. The bad news is that they are a slightly different color (brownish) which may not compliment my all black speakers.

can you confirm?

i don’t notice the different coloring, but that’s probably because I have oak (?) side rails, as in the pic.
ED99F40B-45F2-47C9-BDF8-AAC8C73D64C9.jpeg

Last edited: