New panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david515mi

Reaction score
Is it normal for new panels to sound gritty and congested before break-in? I’m certainly hearing some good things in comparison with the old ones (speakers are Quest-Z), but the treble is sounding a bit “dirty.”

Not sure what you mean by gritty-? distortion. New panels will sound thin, tizzy, and "not right" for 90-120 hrs. There is a definite break in period,-your results may vary. But you will be rewarded.

Is it normal for new panels to sound gritty and congested before break-in? I’m certainly hearing some good things in comparison with the old ones (speakers are Quest-Z), but the treble is sounding a bit “dirty.”
Did the sound improve?

Glad to hear it. I have Quest Z’s and may have the same issue at some point.

My understanding is that the good news is that new panels are not very difficult to install. The bad news is that they are a slightly different color (brownish) which may not compliment my all black speakers.

can you confirm?

Glad to hear it. I have Quest Z’s and may have the same issue at some point.

My understanding is that the good news is that new panels are not very difficult to install. The bad news is that they are a slightly different color (brownish) which may not compliment my all black speakers.

can you confirm?

i don’t notice the different coloring, but that’s probably because I have oak (?) side rails, as in the pic.
ED99F40B-45F2-47C9-BDF8-AAC8C73D64C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey people, I have pair of Quest Z, how do I order replacement panels? I tried email Martin Logan and never even got a response....I also read about a guy on this site that rebuilds panels but I'm not sure he is in business anymore. Thanks for any help

Hey people, I have pair of Quest Z, how do I order replacement panels? I tried email Martin Logan and never even got a response....I also read about a guy on this site that rebuilds panels but I'm not sure he is in business anymore. Thanks for any help
How long have you waited for a reply from them? Ron always replies really fast to me in email. I've got reposnses same day many times. A few times just an hour or two later, as part of an email chain.

It could be because of the holidays. Email was the way to go about things a couple of years ago when I ordered my Prodigy panels.

Maybe the email you used was off?

Been a couple of weeks and I used a form on thier website, do you have a contact email I could reach out to? Appreciate any help.
How long have you waited for a reply from them? Ron always replies really fast to me in email. I've got reposnses same day many times. A few times just an hour or two later, as part of an email chain.

It could be because of the holidays. Email was the way to go about things a couple of years ago when I ordered my Prodigy panels.

Maybe the email you used was off?
Been a couple of weeks and I used a form on thier website, do you have a contact email I could reach out to? Appreciate any help.

Back