New Member from High in the Rocky Mountains

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RealityBroker

Reaction score
I purchased some ML Motion 4s a couple of years ago to upgrade an old 2.1 system that I originally build into my mountain home back in 1994. See http://lenslight.com/HaciCollage.htm The quality improvement was noticeable, but now being retired I wanted something more.

While I occasionally listened to the ML Purity down at Best Buy for nearly two years, I never seriously considered them until they went on sale for 42% of MSRP. I grabbed them shortly before their Black Friday sale.

While we have a 100-150 CD collection, we primarily have expanded our music listening with premium subscriptions to Pandora and MOG. CenturyLink kindly provides 20Mbps service here in the wilderness.

I currently have my iPhone 4S plugged into the line-level inputs and there's nothing shabby about the Purity's performance. Of course, we may have to have our ears tuned soon.

I'm continuing to research on how to build out the system with a networked streaming music server. With several dozen companies looking for a piece of the market, the technology and choices seem endless.

Feel free to offer up advice regarding the highest QPR (quality/price ratio) AV receiver or media player to drive the Purity speakers. Thanks!

Attached is a picture of the living/listening room. The walls are synthetic stucco and make for perfect sound absorption/dampening. The Purity speakers are in the corners behind this view. As soon as I finishing the system, I'll post pictures to the appropriate Member Systems thread.

Hacienda-z.jpg

Last edited:
RB, welcome........wilderness of Colorado.....how far out of Denver are you ?

For now, I've put the purchase of an AV receiver on hold and purchased another Squeezebox Touch (SBT)($225) for the living room (shown above). This provides "home-wide" audio and our his/hers iPhone 4S function as remotes. Note: The SBT does not provide as good of audio fidelity as the iPhone 4S when played directly through my ML Purity speakers, streaming MOG (Primo-320kbps). The difference is clearly noticeable and is likely attributable to the different DACs used in each product. I purchased a B-stock PS Audio Direct Link III DAC for the living room system and will let readers know what happens...shortly. Update: The system is now up and running. A definite boost from the DL3 DAC in audio fidelity, soundstage, depth, etc. A winner!

Last edited:
Back