New Logan earbuds Mikros 70

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get off my lawn you kids!

Come on Rich, if I had it my way we would have made a kick-ass powered computer speaker years ago instead of the little cheap-o computer speakers that are out there now -- but alas, the product development team has their own ideas. I guess that's because I spend 9-10 hours a day in front of a computer and would love to plug in something simple on my desk. For now I'm using a pair of Motion 2 with a Dynamo sub, powered by an integrated. While that's great-n-all, it's a little overkill, I think it would be much cooler to have two powered speakers that were specifically voiced for near-field performance, that could take a signal from a digital source, like my laptop, and throw some much-desired music my way.

But hey, that's just me, I guess it's not "audiophile" enough for you, eh?

Relax man, it's just audio.

~Justin

Justin,

Magnepan makes a really nice desktop speaker. Perhaps you might need to cross the line and call it a "research" expedition. :D

Justin,

Magnepan makes a really nice desktop speaker. Perhaps you might need to cross the line and call it a "research" expedition. :D

You know what, I saw these and I think they are really cool. I haven't heard them yet but hope I get a chance at CEDIA this year if they will be there.

~J

They do look like other models previously on the market . Are these just repackaged , ( etymotic) like lexicon did with the oppo?

J

Rich you really need to wake up.Any company can buy another and do what it wants to make a profit.That is captialism'free market'.I know you libs want to controll everything with regulations and do away with Private Buisness but it is not going to happen.I own a company and work for myself.So I know what the problem is now.Hopefully in Nov this will change for the best.As for as ML goes'Buy it out and run it your way.Intill then stop crying.

Rich you really need to wake up.

I have had several cups of coffee, so I am pretty sure that I am awake. I could as easily make the snide remark that you really need to learn how to spell and use proper grammar so people might be able to understand you, but that might be perceived as a personal attack and I really think we should avoid personal attacks on this forum. So please don't bother telling me what I "need" to do.

Any company can buy another and do what it wants to make a profit.That is captialism'free market'.

Absolutely, they can!!! I Never said they couldn't!!! And their long-term loyal customers can certainly complain about it all they want on a public forum. Guess what? That is called free speech!

I know you libs want to controll everything with regulations and do away with Private Buisness but it is not going to happen.I own a company and work for myself.So I know what the problem is now.Hopefully in Nov this will change for the best.

Actually, I don't want to control everything or do away with private business, although I do believe corporations should be regulated to prevent fraud, environmental catastrophe, and abuse of their employees, among other things. Guess what? I retired at age 35 after selling a business. Ten years later and still enjoying it. And I am part-owner in several current businesses. So I know what the problem is now, too. And it ain't the libs, believe me. Oh, by the way, I think you may be in for a big disappointment come November.

As for as ML goes'Buy it out and run it your way.Intill then stop crying.

What a silly suggestion. Why must I own ML in order to have a valid opinion about their business practices? As a long-time customer, am I not allowed to have any opinions, unless they are full of praise?

Tell me the truth, cocobob, aren't you really the poster formerly known as Fishman? Because he dropped off these boards awhile back and you suddenly appear and I swear you two must be twins. Everything you type is identical to the way he used to type, from the spelling and grammar errors, to the tea party conservatism, to the personal insults. Just curious.

Hey Rich, didn't you just say you were 47? Post #16 in this thread.

35 and 10 make.......47?:confused:

Dang, good catch Bernard. Just turned. I guess it has been twelve years since I retired.

*edit* Now that I think about it, I missed a really great opportunity here and have to rephrase my answer. What I meant to say, Bernard, was that while I gave up active management of the company twelve years ago, I actually retained full ownership interest until ten years ago, and I had nothing to do with all those jobs that got shipped to Canada during those two years.

Last edited:
Put me down as one who wished MLs first entry into headset market was with some 'ear-speakers' to compete with STAX. that would be cool and high on my list.

I'll check out these new earbuds, but they need to beat my Etymotic ER-4s before I buy.

:ROFL:
Dang, good catch Bernard. Just turned. I guess it has been twelve years since I retired.

And you still don't have the time to post a picture of your system:ROFL

Just could not resist Rich, I dont think we have had fun with that one in a while!!

And you still don't have the time to post a picture of your system :ROFL:

You got that one right, repman. Heck, I have a four-year-old now. I had more free time when I was working full-time and childless.

x2 on that! I've been spending more time with my HeadFi system than my ML system and would love to see ML compete with Stax. The headphone market is growing quite fast with new companies coming online with some pretty good stuff. Take a look at Audeze and HiFIMAN. If ML could come out wit a Stax 07/09 competitor in the $1000-$1500 range, they would clean up.
I'm all for expansion but keep true to the vision of quality and sound.

Put me down as one who wished MLs first entry into headset market was with some 'ear-speakers' to compete with STAX. that would be cool and high on my list.

I'll check out these new earbuds, but they need to beat my Etymotic ER-4s before I buy.

I'm all for expansion but keep true to the vision of quality and sound.

Thank you for that.

And for the record, if this thread had been about announcing an electrostatic headphone set to compete with Stax, I would have been all about it. One of the finest-sounding systems I have ever heard in my life was a little headphone tube amp/pre with a pair of Stax headphones that I listened to at RMAF.

Yes, we missed our chance to buy Stax when it was recenty picked up for essentially pennies by a Chinese company. It was actually talked about but the chance had slipped by us.
As to this initial toe in the water effort, they are a not an off shelf design. Body was designed by Carl and crew, Joe Votko voiced them so it not a copy cat other than how else to do an "in ear". We may have gotten a bit hyperbolic on naming them but they are good, solid products fairly priced. just give them a listen and hopefully you will like them. We have something else coming up further up the food chain then we will wait and see about continuing upward. With all the companies coming out, it would be a risk to go down a very high end path without some experience. Stax for all their greatness really sold for not a heck of a lot and where struggling big time so even the best name in high end headphones were not going to exist soon.

One of the finest-sounding systems I have ever heard in my life was a little headphone tube amp/pre with a pair of Stax headphones that I listened to at RMAF.

For me too - Stax headphone based systems would go down as one of the top 5 finest-sounding systems I've heard also. Maybe even top 3.

Agreed. Competing with Stax = COOL! Competing with Etymotic? Not so much.

My thoughts exactly Rich 22ohms easy to
drive with nice isolation numbers if their true
Would be very curious to hear them.
As a kid I had stat headphones Superex(now defunct) they were prettty cool for 1967:D

Well, I will say this. MartinLogan isn't the only speaker company trying to compete in this market. I walked into an Apple store the other day to pick up an accessory and noticed a wall full of expensive earbuds by the likes of Harmon Kardon, Klipsch, Bowers & Wilkens, Sennheiser, and, of course, Bose. Not sure what this says about the market, but just figured I would add this information to the thread.

Rich it means their is money to be made in this market.Wake up.

Cocobob, why do you always assume that everyone who has a different opinion than you must be asleep? In this case though, I think you are on the right track. I think the new MartinLogan is all about making money any way they can accomplish that, and intend to leverage the high end brand in order to sell a lot of cheap components in places like Best Buy. I just don't agree that this is the best direction for the company to take. But then, it isn't really about preserving the high end reputation of the brand anymore. It is about squeezing out profits for the corporate investors.

Rich I was just replying to your question.Not sure what this says about the market'I did not think it was a opion'does not sound like one.I understand and respect your opion about the Direction of ML.I do think they have the right to do what it takes to make money or they might go belly up one day.That would be bad for all.
Hopefully we will see ML still maintain quaility and build new High end speakers for years to come.I guess time will tell.Thanks Bob

Coco bob, please go away. You are annoying everyone on here with your arrogant and attacking posts offending long time members of this great forum. Also, please for god's sake run some sort of spell checker before you post anything if you don't know how to spell basic words like "business" and "until". Thank you.

Back