New listening position

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kach22i

Reaction score
No, not on my head.

Not my head up my arse either.:D

Laptop on my lap, feet up on a foot stool and being careful not to put my knee under the cooling vents.

So who else is doing this?

Attachments

• Listening Position.jpg
    Listening Position.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 150
oh yeah, been there many a time. but i end up so drawn into the music that the laptop keeps going into sleep mode :)

What you REALLY need is a pair of HUD (heads up display) glasses so the laptop screen does not impede your soundstage/imaging! :D

Laptops don't go in the listening room. In fact, since getting a dedicated room - visual display devices of any kind don't go in the listening room either. Nor do mobile 'phones. It is for audio equipment and listening only.

The only link to the outside world is a FLAC stream via Wi-Fi.

Last edited:
So who else is doing this?

New? nothing new about this position my friend, for ten years, that's how I frequently use my system. :cool:

A laptop pad of some kind is highly recommended, there some that feature memory foam covered in cloth on the bottom, these are great because they don't slip and distribute the weight on your legs.

Soon (a few weeks I hope), I'll be able to use the new iPad instead of the laptops for just reading.

But for typing forum posts, nothing beats a laptop and a big keyboard.

When I'm parked in front of my system there is no way a laptop would get any attention, unless we are talking...... nah, too obvious ! :devil:

When I'm parked in front of my system there is no way a laptop would get any attention, unless we are talking...... nah, too obvious ! :devil:
I lower the lid for the really good songs, and do not read or type when seriously listening.

A laptop pad of some kind is highly recommended, there some that feature memory foam covered in cloth on the bottom, these are great because they don't slip and distribute the weight on your legs.

I might pick one of those up before too long, thanks.

Latest posts

Back