New guy

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pambs

Reaction score
Hi all

My name is Charalambos and i'm from cyprus, i'm planning to give an order on the summits tomorrow :D:rocker:

the rest of the equipment will be lexicon mc8 (will see how good is going to perform on 2 chanel music and whether i will need a seperate pre)

amps 2x Denon monoblocks 6600A modified

cd player looking for one any suggestions? I'm thinking also about players that can act as preamps as well

Also need suggestions on wiring

thanks

Last edited:
Hi and welcome!

I'm new too, just ordered a pair of Purity's :music:

welcome cahl, a friend of mine did a review in Greece and told me purities are magnificent compared to their cost

cd player looking for one any suggestions? I'm thinking also about players that can act as preamps as well

The Wadia units (such as the 581i) are highly regarded and well worth checking out, but they are expensive. You are going to love your Summits. Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club!

I run my Vantages through the mc-8 set to bypass when I listen to music. I think it sound great. Though, I am not the most discerning audiophile, I am a music enthusiast:D,

My amp is a Earthquake Cinenova grande 7. So my system is really a HT setup.
Just my 2cents. How do you like the MC-8?

I'm very happy with it, although is a bit outdated now and for the money it cost me i was expecting more support from lexicon. I ve send them a couple of mails recently but the responce was that no futures updates are planned and i was a bit ****ed of. At least they should have thought of a 7.1 input so that i will be able to run blue ray etc

The Wadia units (such as the 581i) are highly regarded and well worth checking out, but they are expensive. You are going to love your Summits. Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the club!

i was thinking about the capitole reference as it can act as a pre as well

I'm very happy with it, although is a bit outdated now and for the money it cost me i was expecting more support from lexicon. I ve send them a couple of mails recently but the responce was that no futures updates are planned and i was a bit ****ed of. At least they should have thought of a 7.1 input so that i will be able to run blue ray etc

I agree, it is a bit outdated and that info on no plans to update is a dissapointment. I still want to try running a blu ray through the digital output. That is supposed to be better (higher bit rate) than standard dvds. Unfortunately that still wont take advantage of the hd audio and true 7 channel. I am still waiting on Blu players to get all the hd sound formats and come to a reasonable price. Till then I will stick with my outdated, but still good sounding mc-8. How are you liking 2 channel thru the mc-8?

Why do they advertise leaving room on the back of these pre pros for advancing technology when they rarely, if ever, actually make updates for them?

Back