new amp coming for my new to me SL3

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donberry

Reaction score
must say this has been a good month for me audio wise. Picked up the pair of really nice SL3 and just bought a tube amp for it today. Been wanting one of these for a while and finally caved in.
75wpc in Ultralinear mode, 45 watts in Triode. I will be using it in the power amp mode to drive the panels with a restored Pioneer Spec 2 on the woofers.
It is a Mingda MC34AB 07. I have read some really good things about it. The power was a huge plus and I also wanted to try EL34 tubes for their midrange qualities. I bought it used off of Audiogon and he got it from Pacific Valve, which was another plus for me.
I know it is too early to be so happy about it as I have not even heard it yet, but I am really excited to get it. Should be here next week.
I will be using a CJ PV2AR that has been modified for the preamp
Meixing-Mingda-MC34-AB-Integrated-With-Power-Amplifier-Brand-New.jpg

Sl3's

donberry, if you do not mind can you tell me what you paid for your SL3's i am intrested in selling mine but cannot determine a competive price. that amp looks really nice how does it sound? thanks

I have not got the amp yet. The money order is going out tomorrow so it should be here by next week (audiogon sale).
The speakers. The guy had them for sale on Craigslist. They have been there for quite a while. I forget what they started at, but he lowered them to $1250.
I actually had forgot all about them but when I did have cash in hand, I saw he still had them. I ended up getting them for $1050.00.
After I already payed him and was carrying them out to the car, so I doubt he was lying, he told me he replaced the panels in them about 5 years ago. Said it turned out he did not need to as there was no difference, but it made me happy as I know there should be some good life left in them.

Gear like this can be a tough sell in this market. I would just suggest pick your price and wait it out. I have seen them anywhere from $1k to $1600.00. I feel like I got a decent deal for what I paid. Oh, and they are pretty much a 9 out of 10. Really not a mark on them anywhere, even had both of the original type feet for it

Latest posts

Back