NetFlix or Block Buster ~ Which is The Better On-Line DVD Rental Company?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin

Reaction score
I need your help and assistance. :eek: I am considering going to NetFlix or Block Buster or some company like this as my on-line DVD rental service. I'm tired of paying late fees, looking for parking or even going to the video rental store anymore. Many times they don't even have what I want to see. So I was wondering what on-line and by mail service DVD rental is better? Any ideas anyone? Help.... :confused:

We started with Blockbuster and then my wife switched us to Netflix. In my opinion Netflix is much better. The prices are comparable, but Netflix seems to get your next movie out a lot faster. Usually, when I mail one back we will receive the next one in only 2 days. The only problem with Netflix that I have found is that the DVD's are not in very good shape. I have to clean almost everyone we receive before I play it, to get the candy, peanut butter or whatever off of it. I think too many kids may have handled them. With Blockbuster we had a lot of discs that my Lexicon wouldn't even play or they would skip a lot. Most audiophiles takes very good care of their discs but when you move into the mass market rentals, the discs tend to be pretty well abused.

We have never used Blockbuster, but our experience with netflix is the same as jimbo's. They're quick to send things out, however, some of the disks are pretty abused. It's a very convenient service, when don't want to drag 3 young kids to the local movie rental store.

I have been using NetFlix for over 3 years now and no issues. I love it and my wife loves it. We do 2 movies out at a time one for her and one for me. We have even split the account so her movies come under her name. She has her own login and I have mine. We have different queues and everything. It’s great because we have somewhat different tastes in movies.

My 2 cents

Have been a member of Netflix for over 2 years. I'm quite happy with the service. I do not have to fall in line at Block buster nor have to pay late fees.

Only thing to be aware off with Netflix, lately they have been shipping me badly scratched-up DVDs which fails to play on my DVD player. :(

I've conveyed this concern to them and responded that they have been screening discs for this problem. But sometimes they miss some.

Netflix user here... good service and fast... atleast in the Chicago region. Not well versed of the Netflix service outside of these parts...

Good luck Robin!

Joey ;)

Yep, Netflix here too. Even when I get a problem disc they send a new one right away. Plus they seem to have every title in the world. No brainer Robin - Netflix.

Netflix...

MiTT said:
Yep, Netflix here too. Even when I get a problem disc they send a new one right away. Plus they seem to have every title in the world. No brainer Robin - Netflix.
Tim,

:) So let me understand, with Netflix, if you tell them (on-line - from your account) you have received a damaged disc, they would send you out a un-damaged disc? If I could ask another dumb question... Say you want to watch Lord Of The Rings ~ Extended Version, which has 4 DVD disc's (with loads of special features) and you have the 3 disc plan, would Netflix only send you 3 DVD disc's and the fourth disc would be sent after you return the first three? :confused:

Yes Robin, thats how it works. Well kind of. You don't have to return the first three. Just any one of the three.

Yes, just as Cherian said it, return any disc and they will send you the next disc in your que, and you manage your que. Broken or damaged discs are sent out immediately. Back when we first started there was only one Netflix distribution center. Now they are all over the country. I retuned a movie on Wednesday and had a new one in the mail today.

Wish I would have bought stock in this one about 5 years ago. :mad:

NetFlix is the Winner...

Thank you everyone for you help. :D I signed-up with NetFlix $17.99 plan.

I Love this forum and everyone of you guys. ;) Your the best! :p

Attachments

• Cute Dog.jpg
    Cute Dog.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back