Need some help on a Pre-Amp

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STDCMR19

Reaction score
Hey I need some advice on getting a new preamp. I am running a Vistas/Stage/Source/Descenti setup right now. I am Powering them with a Sunfire Cinema Grand. Currently, I am using a Denon AVR-2807 as a Pre-Amp.

I have a budget of around $1000 right now and I'm looking for a multichannel preamp that supports HDMI. Is there anything out there that would fulfill these needs or is this an unreasonable request? If there is something in that price range would it make a difference enough to make it worth replacing the Denon. I don't mind used gear.

Hopefully, this isn't a pipe dream....

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry, no advice to offer. I just wanted to say that I got a chuckle out of the first three letters of your handle. :D

Hola, try the Anthem pre. It is a very good sounding unit with tons of features. You might get a good deal with used stuff. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Are you powering your entire 5-channel setup with the Sunfire? If so, you might consider using the Sunfire just to bi-amp the Vista's, and power the Stage, and use the Denon for the rears only. Then, you could get a decent SS or tube (two channel) pre-amp, with Home Theater Bypass, for serious listening. I've been using a Modwright pre with HTB, and I know Cary also offers a tube pre with it. If you do a search on "Home Theater Bypass" here (and other audio forums), there's a lot of recommendations out there. With only a $1000 budget, you'd definitely need to buy used.

Back