Napa on a motorcycle - December 1st!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomDac

former MLO owner/operator
Reaction score
high 50's.. Sunny and crisp out. Thank God for longjohns and a good jacket and gloves!

Attachments

• IMG_3521 (Large).JPG
    IMG_3521 (Large).JPG
    63 KB · Views: 119
Looks great; nice balmy weather. There's snow on the ground here, and it's not about to melt in a hurry.

looks like a nice day to ride, what kind of bike does your buddy have ??

Yeah. Ryan's bike is nice, but it's completely gutless... almost to the point of being dangerous.

1200cc's with only 56hp... YIKES!

:D

Last edited:
completely gutless... 1200cc's with only 56hp... YIKES!

Man that's sad !! My race sled that I built TEN years ago made 217hp (on the dyno) out of 1000 cc's, all naturaly asspirated, no nitrous needed. 121 mph in 1000'

Attachments

• PICT0052.JPG
    PICT0052.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 80
Yeah. Ryan's bike is nice, but it's completely gutless... almost to the point of being dangerous.
1200cc's with only 56hp... YIKES!
:D

That's the BMW most riders either love or hate. Personally, I think it is bug ugly (this, coming from a GS rider :D ). BMW was trying to cash in on the cruiser market (the largest in the USA) and offered a uniquely styled bike with better handling and safety than the normal cruiser bike (read Harley). If I remember correctly, BMW said the bike had 61HP, but all manufacturers overstate their products' power. Anyway, cruisers have always had low HP, until the Japanese finally started giving their cruisers power. Cruiser builders have always said that it's about torque, not horsepower, anyway. For example, Harleys with the "Evolution" engine put out about 64 (claimed) HP. Nowadays, they are adding horsepower and torque through increased engine size. Anyway, this style of bike is made for easy cruising, not going fast like sport bikes. The advantage of the BMW over most of the other cruisers is the ability to corner and the advantage of ABS brakes. HD has started offering ABS, finally. Now, if they could just get that lean angle greater than thirty six degrees.

Last edited:
What vintage and flavor Magna is that? Looks a lot like the 86 V65 that I nearly killed myself on...Fast, very fast but way too top heavy.

Last edited:
This thread got me in the mood to ride today. Of course, with temps in the low 80's I had to wear my Vanson mesh jacket and BMW air flow boots!

1983 V65 Magna. The first year was the best. :D

Sorry I never caught your intro of "Mary M" in the other thread......83..hum...That's what they say..... That old girl was the best and a beast at the same time. I really had to think about how much throttle to apply off the line to avoid standing her up vertically....

Now that I am a bit older I enjoy my " handling oriented" Vulcan 900 better. In fact you've inspired me to take it out for a spin aropund Lake "O" today.

Last edited:
Back