My Clarity's Need a Little More Bass

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdhansen4

Reaction score
I'd like to hear some opinions on the best subwoofer to pair with ML Clarity. I have a 12" Veledyne but the wife has played the astethics trump card. Yes, I am indignant but I also can't win this battle... The Sunfire True Super Junior appears to be a better fit. Any thoughts?

I'd like to hear some opinions on the best subwoofer to pair with ML Clarity. I have a 12" Veledyne but the wife has played the astethics trump card. Yes, I am indignant but I also can't win this battle... The Sunfire True Super Junior appears to be a better fit. Any thoughts?

You can win the battle, but the cost is too great.

Sunfire are great little subs! She might prefer the look of the more stylish Depth (it looks more like an end table then a sub.)

Infinite baffle isn't technically in the room =D

-Allen

You really have no choice ...

You'll have to get rid of the wife :p

What I have heard from most people and experienced myself in a demo is that the Sunfire subwoofers are great for movies, but not so great for music. If you are going to replace your subwoofer and want something that matches well with the clarities for music, then you may want to look at some of the smaller martin logan subwoofers, such as the depth or the dynamo.

Agreed. The Sunfire subs are very good, but do not have the...

speed and agility for matching to an electrostatic or ribbon.

I would go with a Depth. They are available at a good price used right now since the chronic upgraders are moving to "Depth i " 's.

Cheers,
Ray

What I have heard from most people and experienced myself in a demo is that the Sunfire subwoofers are great for movies, but not so great for music. If you are going to replace your subwoofer and want something that matches well with the clarities for music, then you may want to look at some of the smaller martin logan subwoofers, such as the depth or the dynamo.

The True is an excellent sub. I have a Velodyne 10 and it gives me excellent grunt. Let me know if you sell the 12 I might be interested. What model by the way?

Latest posts

Back