Monolith III's tomorrow

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thymanst

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of Monolith III's off that auction site. they will be my first ML's and I'm pretty stoked.... They dont come with crossovers so I picked up a Rane Active crossover today - I would have got them today but the "I sold it" store was all out sick (WOW) and they were not open - I've got a couple of big SS amps to use on them (Parasound hca2200II and a Adcom GFA5500) along with a Velodyne FSR-15 sub - I've read a ton of posts since yesterday and this site has me intrigued as to what I'm getting tomorrow.......

Welcome to MLC,
Sounds like you have some awesome speakers headed your way, I have never heard the Monolith but have always been impressed with there looks.. Cant wait to see you posted pics when they arrive. I have to say this is not just a great ML site but also just a nice forum area altogether...
Enjoy your new Speaks when they arrive and cant wait to hear your first impressions :rocker:

I think you are getting one of the best speakers made my ML. Ok I’m a bit biased. If you have never seen Monoliths in person get ready for a shock. The size of these speakers is staggering. It will take you some time to set them up correctly. Give the speakers a lot of room to breathe and take time to set time up correctly and your care and time will be rewarded with big detailed sound.

The Monolith III's weigh 120lbs per speaker.They are a true beast.I have Monolith II's and love them.Hopefully you will like them as much as other owners do.

Congrats on the Speakers. You'll love them.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Picked up the Speakers this morning and they are big...real big..they seem even bigger once set up in the house. hooked up the amps and crossover and everything actually worked right the first time :eek:(that hasnt happened too often) I've got a mac mini I run with a Meridian front end to the rane split to the Parasound and Adcom amps - The purity of the sound and the detail are tremendous - so is the scale of the music - I was just running a pair of Infinity Kappa 9's (soon to be gone...) which are fast speakers - the ML's are just as fast, but sound much cleaner and accurate - From posts in others forums the bass integration was brought up a couple of times, but I dont hear it. I'm also very impressed with the low end, it is very balanced with the upper end and has decent delination of notes - I've got them crossed at ~125hz. I havent taken time yet to really dial the crossover in or fiddle with placement. With all the speakers that have gone thru my house the last few years I cant beleive I havent checked out ML befire this...Call me an instant fan, I can see living with these speakers a long time....

Attachments

• DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Welcome to the ML world. I think you will love the Monoliths as much as I do. Do I spy a B&W Matrix in the back? Keep us posted on your journey.

Do I spy a B&W Matrix in the back? Keep us posted on your journey.
Its a B&w matrix 802 s2 - right now I have way too many speakers and I was just in the middle of rearranging things in my listening area - also I'll have to sell somthing to pay for the Monoliths (my wife is really good about me buying first then repaying the "house";) - I got a good deal on them from the local ebay store - apparntly they sold a couple of times but the buyers balked at the ship charges on them - the manager told me to make an offer and they accepted it - Its one thing about SW florida is that there is a lot of $ down here (retirees) and its a long way to ship anywhere from here - plus no basements so space in your house is at a premium and big speakers have a hard time selling here - I almost jumped on a pair of Aerius or a pair of Scripts in the last week because I really wanted to try some electrostaitcs again - I'm sold on ML's now :music:(i had some Maggie mg12's I didnt really care for)

Nice units, I love the piano black.

BTW- I sent you a PM.

Back