Mobile Fidelity (MoFi)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs2

Reaction score
Well thanks to the excellent latest edition of Tone Audio magazine I now know that Mobile Fidelity is still around. I have a lot from their old catalogs but I thought they went out of business. I am listening to Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily from the "new MoFi" and am very impressed! I also ordered a few other titles which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Anyone here have any of the "new MoFi" stuff and/or any comments or information?

Well thanks to the excellent latest edition of Tone Audio magazine I now know that Mobile Fidelity is still around. I have a lot from their old catalogs but I thought they went out of business. I am listening to Natalie Merchant's Tigerlily from the "new MoFi" and am very impressed! I also ordered a few other titles which I haven't had a chance to listen to yet.

Anyone here have any of the "new MoFi" stuff and/or any comments or information?
rs2,

MoFi's Tigerlilly is outstanding.

Try their version of Patricia Barber's Modern Cool on SACD, I picked up at our National get together courtesy of Cherian. Cowboy Junkie's Whites Off Earth Now is also excellent.

Checked out your system, very nice. All you need is a Devin Hester bobblehead.:D

I have over 50 MOFI CDs and most are excellent. I have every Mofi gold CDs produced in the last 2 years. I have even preordered the new Rush “Permanent Waves” gold CD. Can’t wait till it is released. My only complaint is I do not like the LP CD case. It is very difficult to work with. Oh, I do miss the old lift-lock case.

If you do get a chance please check out the Patricia Barber SACDs by MOFI. This is a hybrid disk so you don’t need a SACD player to listen to it.

Cherian and WB:

Thank you for the recommendations! I was looking at the Patricia Barber Cd's but I did not realize that the SACD Hybrid releases could be played in a red-book player. This opens up a lot more of their current catalog to me. I haven't made the jump to SACD just yet but plan to in the near future.

WB: Thanks for the compliment on my system. Yours has always been one of my favorites on this site. What an awesome room!

How about that Devin Hester! Man is he something special. I go to all of the home games and watching him on TV doesn't due justice to how fast he really is live. Amazing!

Thanks again guys. Time to go to the MoFi site and spend some $$$.

I have over 50 MOFI CDs and most are excellent. I have every Mofi gold CDs produced in the last 2 years. I have even preordered the new Rush “Permanent Waves” gold CD. Can’t wait till it is released. My only complaint is I do not like the LP CD case. It is very difficult to work with. Oh, I do miss the old lift-lock case.

If you do get a chance please check out the Patricia Barber SACDs by MOFI. This is a hybrid disk so you don’t need a SACD player to listen to it.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Patricia Barber stuff. It's REALLY good! Wish I could make it on Saturday...would love to meet you guys. :mad:

Glad you enjoyed it!

For those of you that are jazz fans, here's a good site too:

http://www.eastwindimport.com/

The owner, Hajime, is a very nice guy and provides excellent
customer service too! I've bought about 25 CD's from him
and they have all been great.

For the rock fans, check out the Japanese releases of your
favorite CD's... So far I've had excellent luck here too.
Much better artwork and sound quality. I've been buying
quite a few on Ebay. Just type in "mini lp" in search after
you go to the music section.

Good luck shopping...

Youse guys are some CD lovin' mooks:rolleyes: Personally I don't get it.

Back