ML feature(center) votage???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyaa

Reaction score
Hallo, im thinking about buying a US feature and shipping it to europe, will it work here with 220v, i know the manual say it doesnt, but so does motif and matinee, and stage etc... anyone know anything about this??? i see it doesnt use the low voltage power supply as the motif for example does, i would guess it woulc work, but im not sure????

Anyone that can help???

Also, how good is the feature, its for use with a set of vantages i currently use a fresco i as center, but is the feature as good as the motif???

Tommy

Hej Tommy,
My GUESS is it would not work, as it seems ML goes to extraordinary lengths to ensure that the AC frequency (50 or 60Hz) must match the country where the speaker is intended to be sold (which is probably a foreign dealership demand).

But it also seems to me that one could get around this by f.ex. converting 220VAC/50Hz to 12 VDC and then using an inverter to get back to the 110VAC/60Hz which US speakers need. In the case of powered speakers, the devices would need to deliver a bit more power.

Latest posts

Back