Quantcast

ML Family Tree

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

4th4orce

Reaction score
Hi Peeps
Im a newbie and generally believe that the best of the best of yesteryear tends to trump the mediocre of now. This is why my pre amp is AR SP11 as I still believe it to be one of the greatest of all time. To this end I know at some point ill be upgrading my Aerius's and will be wondering where to go. Itll probably be Summits/Prodigys but Im not sure. On a YT video there was a histogram and timeline on all the ML ranges and products throughout the years i was wonder if anyone had a pdf version of this.
Also does anybody use Rogue Audio amps with any of the bigger speakers? At present I Have a pair of M120s but eventually will go to M180s/Zeus/Apollos ,just wondered what your experiences are.

Tx in Advance

Brad225

Reaction score
Hi 4-4,

Welcome to the group.
At one point there was a timeline. I think now, you would need to go to the ML website and look at the section for older products. They are all listed my alphabetical order. A bit of work but that will give you different versions of the same model.

As far as Rogue Amps. They do have a good reputation with people here. I'm sure some of the owners will speak up.

roberto

Reaction score
Also, I have a Power Point Summit presentation, and you can see the difference and comparison between the Summits and the Prodigies...send to me an email, and I will remit to you this presentation. My email address is roberherrera@gmail.com

Happy listening!

hillbilly

Reaction score
Welcome!
I think the Rogue amps are great for ML speakers. I have been using an Atlas Magnum II with KT 120 tubes and 100 WPC for my Summit Xs.
I've tried solid state class AB and class D amps, but the tubes just sound so much more natural to me. Rogue is a fantastic company to do business with also. I had a bad tube a few years ago that caused some minor damage and they repaired it and upgraded the amp to the Magnum II status.
You can't go wrong with Rogue.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
I agree with the hillbilly, for years when I had my Spire's they were driven by a pair of Rogue M-180's to complete satisfaction. I know Mark Obrien well and being a personal friend yes I'm a bit biased but regardless I feel his company produces some of the best tube gear for the $$ out there.

4th4orce

Reaction score
I agree with the hillbilly, for years when I had my Spire's they were driven by a pair of Rogue M-180's to complete satisfaction. I know Mark Obrien well and being a personal friend yes I'm a bit biased but regardless I feel his company produces some of the best tube gear for the $$ out there.
Does tbis blo
g allow me to Pm you ?

geeji

Reaction score
You may be interested by Martin Logan Product Museum [1983-2017] / Timeline.
It does not offer direct features comparison, but once you have isolated the models you are interested in, comparison is straightforward.