ML Family Tree

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4th4orce

Reaction score
Hi Peeps
Im a newbie and generally believe that the best of the best of yesteryear tends to trump the mediocre of now. This is why my pre amp is AR SP11 as I still believe it to be one of the greatest of all time. To this end I know at some point ill be upgrading my Aerius's and will be wondering where to go. Itll probably be Summits/Prodigys but Im not sure. On a YT video there was a histogram and timeline on all the ML ranges and products throughout the years i was wonder if anyone had a pdf version of this.
Also does anybody use Rogue Audio amps with any of the bigger speakers? At present I Have a pair of M120s but eventually will go to M180s/Zeus/Apollos ,just wondered what your experiences are.

Tx in Advance

Hi 4-4,

Welcome to the group.
At one point there was a timeline. I think now, you would need to go to the ML website and look at the section for older products. They are all listed my alphabetical order. A bit of work but that will give you different versions of the same model.

As far as Rogue Amps. They do have a good reputation with people here. I'm sure some of the owners will speak up.

Also, I have a Power Point Summit presentation, and you can see the difference and comparison between the Summits and the Prodigies...send to me an email, and I will remit to you this presentation. My email address is [email protected]

Happy listening!

Welcome!
I think the Rogue amps are great for ML speakers. I have been using an Atlas Magnum II with KT 120 tubes and 100 WPC for my Summit Xs.
I've tried solid state class AB and class D amps, but the tubes just sound so much more natural to me. Rogue is a fantastic company to do business with also. I had a bad tube a few years ago that caused some minor damage and they repaired it and upgraded the amp to the Magnum II status.
You can't go wrong with Rogue.

I agree with the hillbilly, for years when I had my Spire's they were driven by a pair of Rogue M-180's to complete satisfaction. I know Mark Obrien well and being a personal friend yes I'm a bit biased but regardless I feel his company produces some of the best tube gear for the $$ out there.

I agree with the hillbilly, for years when I had my Spire's they were driven by a pair of Rogue M-180's to complete satisfaction. I know Mark Obrien well and being a personal friend yes I'm a bit biased but regardless I feel his company produces some of the best tube gear for the $$ out there.
Does tbis blo
g allow me to Pm you ?

You may be interested by Martin Logan Product Museum [1983-2017] / Timeline.
It does not offer direct features comparison, but once you have isolated the models you are interested in, comparison is straightforward.

Greetings...I am using the new Rogue 180"Dark Revison" with my Montis and its the best amp i ever heard with them(sold my 11a's and went back to the Beautiful Ying sound of the Montis)...rest of the system:..Supratek Chardonnay Gen 3 all tubed Pre..Audio Mirror's maxed out T3 tubed Dac with dual Vandersteens Subs...The synergy of this system is Mind Bending and the Speakers just melt the Front/back wall...Needless to say not changing ANYTHING!!

I remember reading a review with that comment about the Montis vs. 11A. How long did you have the 11A before selling them?
I have had the 11 A about 6 mos and have similar feelings compared to my SL3's.
That being said I just heard the 11A with a Mac MC1502 and it was quite nice.

Greetings...I am using the new Rogue 180"Dark Revison" with my Montis and its the best amp i ever heard with them(sold my 11a's and went back to the Beautiful Ying sound of the Montis)...rest of the system:..Supratek Chardonnay Gen 3 all tubed Pre..Audio Mirror's maxed out T3 tubed Dac with dual Vandersteens Subs...The synergy of this system is Mind Bending and the Speakers just melt the Front/back wall...Needless to say not changing ANYTHING!!

Sounds like a wonderful system or at least one in my ballpark when it comes to sound. The first time I heard a tube system I was trying to ascertain if I was imagining how good it was.

I had a Supratek Chenin and it was a fantastic pre but I had eventually went to the Leben 28 and have cj premier 12's and manley 100/200's driving my Summits. Use a Cosmos VI vac for vinyl and Esoteric K01 and X03SE for digital. Teac reel to reel and Nak cassette for change of pace fun. Like you very happy and not changing anything!!!!!

I had the 11a's 2months...Great detail and kick ass bass..but you get to a point(40yrs) in this great hobby that a Truly Musical Speaker( Montis and one of the best ML ever made) Trumps a Dry overly Detailed Transducer(11a) and you find yourself listenig to the system and not the music!!..and you want to get off that not so merry go around!..Which as i stated before..am there!.

Thanks for the feedback. In the end, it's about what moves and engages you. Only thing is at 2 months they could have been barely breaking in. They take forever.
I'm going between a CLS II and the 11A. We'll see....

Great..jump on the 11a"s..I Played mine for 2 weeks straight with loud music and NEVER WARMED up to the sound! I sold mine and WOULD NEVER want them back!!!!!!..we each have our on subjective on what your system should bring to your musical table...from the Vandersteen 5a carbon to the Wilson audio Sophia 3 which i owned...I would not trade my Montis and Vandersteen subs for the above GREAT speakers...the beauty of this so called Hobby is each to there own...U DiG?

Back