Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure how the photo looks, but it's appears to be a pair of Aerius on either side of a single Monolith. There's smaller speakers on either side of the Aerius but I can't tell what they are.

I dunno Kruppy, all I see are a pair of legs on either side of that Monolith.........Hmmm, maybe I should censor that now that I think of it....???:think:

I am looking at the Aerius and Aeon pics. They really look nice. Now if only ML would have a quartersawn oak finish that would match my craftsman/arts & crafts style interior (many houses have this style), that would be sweet! I like their wood finishes in all their lines but the quartersawn oak finish is a wish list of mine.

my new set up

Still waiting for my Pioneer flatscreen:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,227
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,230
Lexicon,

Although I like you Vantages, that little aluminum push car is a-w-e-s-o-m-e! ;)

Summit

Thanks a lot. Today I've upgraded! The MartinLogans in the picture will become rear speakers and my main speakers will be replaced by Summits:music:

Drooooool

I got through the first 15 pages and just couldn't take any more. It's obscenely wonderful.

So Many Photo's So Little Time To Show Lovely Martian Logan Speakers...

I got through the first 15 pages and just couldn't take any more. It's obscenely wonderful.
jaycee,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D

:D I am always finding new and wonderful photo's of the most fantastic speakers I've ever been able to afford..., Martin Logan speakers are total ear candy as I am sure Roberto would agree. :music:

Attachments

• ML Summits - Front.jpg
    ML Summits - Front.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,033
  • ML Summits - Top.jpg
    ML Summits - Top.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,010
jaycee,

Welcome to the ML Club! :D

:D I am always finding new and wonderful photo's of the most fantastic speakers I've ever been able to afford..., Martin Logan speakers are total ear candy as I am sure Roberto would agree. :music:

Which logan is that!! wow!

Lovely Summits....

Greg and WB,

Yes! I just love the leather and chrome! :clap: If I only had the cash... I love leather and lace as well. :p

Amazing Aeon Gaming System...

:D Check-out this thrilling Aeon full function gaming system put together wonderfully by Chris...;)

Attachments

• Aeon system.jpg
    Aeon system.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,082
A Super Aerius System...

:D This system is brought to you by, 'Superman 1979' a gamer with ML Aerius speaker taste... :D

Attachments

• Aerius system.jpg
    Aerius system.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 929
I Never Noticed This...? Did you???

:) In the film "Be Cool" apparently ML speakers where featured... but what ML speakers were they? Does anyone know? :confused:

Attachments

• MartinLoganBeCool.jpg
    MartinLoganBeCool.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,321
  • My Thoughtful Friend.jpg
    My Thoughtful Friend.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,323
Yet Another Proud CLS Owner...

CLS speakers are truly tops in my book. :bowdown: I still am wondering what the new CLX will ultimately look like? :music:

Attachments

• ML CLS owner.jpg
    ML CLS owner.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,345
  • CLX Speakers.jpg
    CLX Speakers.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,322
CLS speakers are truly tops in my book. :bowdown: I still am wondering what the new CLX will ultimately look like? :music:

We were discussing this yesterday, below is an article about the CLX from The Stereo Times,which desribes it as being almost 6 feet tall, If thats the case the guy in the picture would have to be a t least 6' 10".:D

Martin Logan had invited me to visit their private showing of new models and there is great news at the top as well as the bottom of the range. We saw a new prototype of a top model ‘The CLX’, which nobody was allowed to take photos of which will come in at the top end. It will be a two panel on one chassis affair with a dedicated bass panel and a separate midrange/tweeter panel. Standing about six feet tall it is not small but not humongous either and according to what I have heard is perhaps closer to production than we first were led to believe.

The old CLS gave us one of our very fine audiophile memories, although it had a number of practical problems especially a rather limited horizontal dispersion, but what a sound. We expect the CLX to be a worthy heir to the old throne of pure electrostatic super speakers.

More immediate joy could be had from two clever models at the bottom of the Martin Logan range: the Source and the Purity. Both are hybrids with a dynamic bass section and a midrange/tweeter panel in the familiar Martin Logan look. The Source, which I did not get a chance to listen to, is a passive model using a single 8” woofer which will go on sale for $2,000. The Purity on the other hand is a very interesting active model utilizing 2 x 6.5” woofers to great effect. It uses an ICE amp and you can connect both speaker level outputs if you happen to use an integrated amp or receiver or you can go in using line level like say from a preamp or (dare I say) a PC. That makes it a very interesting and high performing speaker for its $3,000 price tag.

We listened to the Purity using quite a large selection of different material and can only say that it was impressive. It seemed really coherent and the bass was strong to say the least, when you take the size of the speaker into consideration. Several times we heard somebody ask which subwoofer was connected. But even though three were present in the room none of them were in use. This is a very exiting product for lovers of the clean sound of an electrostatic speaker and who will appreciate the very reasonable budget it allows. Did we mention that they actually look quite elegant and definitely non-domineering so the WAF should be substantial.

We were discussing this yesterday, below is an article about the CLX from The Stereo Times,which desribes it as being almost 6 feet tall, If thats the case the guy in the picture would have to be a t least 6' 10".:D

Wayne,

Only issue is that guy is I think Dave from the National Meet... the design guru who had us draw up all those "dream ML speakers" at that part of the tour. From what I remember, you were much taller than he was.... so he cannot be 6'10"....

Unless he grew... :eek: :eek: .

Back