Martin Logan - Super Systems... Seeing / Hearing is Believing

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:drool: Monolith Systems look totally devine... :cheers:

Is that a video screen mounted above and behind all the gear? It is WAY up there if that is in fact what it is! That makes me feel better, as my Sony 70" when it gets here next week will be fairly high (an extra 8" or so is all though) above the level that most people put theirs at...

Pictures will follow quickly once it is all in and running!

Robin, as always thanks for all your pics, I don't know where you find them, but DANG! Hey, there is a pic in a magazine that I saw awhile back that was an ALL Mac system! It was such an impressive system that the dealer that supplied all the gear (the home owner apparently did the install!!!) brings clients to this guys house to check it out! There is a pic with everything powered on and the cabinet doors open and it was just AMAZING!!! UNREAL really! I have not seen the pic online, but I bet it is out there somewhere! See if you can find that one for us Robin. Oh, all the custom wood is fairly light in color and it is an HT set and I think it is a drop down screen so when it is not in use (other than the theater seating) it reminds me of a library.

McIntosh Study / Library Mega System...

James,

Thank you for the kind words. :D I will look around. I have already found a system similar as you described, though I don't think it is the very system... :D

Attachments

• Mcintosh - HT.jpg
    Mcintosh - HT.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,432
James,

Thank you for the kind words. :D I will look around. I have already found a system similar as you described, though I don't think it is the very system... :D

Yea, that one is close but now imagine about 10X the amount of Mac gear! It is truly an amzing looking system! I'll see if I can find the magazine and get you the issue info at least and maybe you can find the pic from there!

Robin,

I found the magazine that it was in and have tried finding pics of this system online but to no avail. I bet you can find them.

It was in the Audio Video Interiors pull out section of the 2/07 issue of Home Theater magazine. System is owned by Donna and Ivan Messer in Parkland, FL. Says for more info: www.audiovideointeriors.com and www.stereobydesign.com, I could not get hold of the Stereo By Design web site, it was not coming up and I could find NO other info on the Audio Video Interiors website either!

The pic of the Mcintosh system above is close in looks, but not even close in component count! These pics are UNREAL of this thing!

Says he has 18 monoblock McIntosh amps... Uses all Richard Gray Power Company products for protection and power needs.

Last edited:
Speaking of MACs... that new movie that just came out on DVD, the Departed has a scene where Matt Damon's character's apartment is shown to have a huge stack of MACs!

Pretty cool if you ask me!

Joey :eek:

I Think..., I Found the McIntosh Mega System...

James,

I think, I found the Mega McInotsh system you were speaking about... :cheers: However, I want to post it under my "Are These Speakers Even Legal... Is Their A Lawyer In The House?"..., thread, because OMG!!! this McIntosh system is mega major league, just stunningly huge, as well as totally illegal..., just kidding... :D

Check-out this McIntosh - Mega, Major, Huge System here:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=38068#post38068

Thanks again James...

Last edited:
James,

I think, I found the Mega McInotsh system you were speaking about... :cheers: However, I want to post it under my "Are These Speakers Even Legal... Is Their A Lawyer In The House?"..., thread, because OMG!!! this McIntosh system is mega major league, just stunningly huge, as well as totally illegal..., just kidding... :D

Check-out this McIntosh - Mega, Major, Huge System here:

http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=38068#post38068

Thanks again James...

I heard that system. I was at the NY premier.

Meet Martin and Logan

This Tread is dedicated to all the wonderful Martin Logan Super Systems that have not been posted on the ML Club to my knowldge, but that are out there waiting to be seen and more importantly heard.... :D ;) :D

Rives ML Monolith System:
I just joined the club, a foaf had some Sequels for sale and I finally realized the dream of having some elctrostatics!

Attachments

• martinandlogan.jpg
    martinandlogan.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 976
I heard that system. I was at the NY premier.

That system is in a house in FL self installed by the owner...doubt you heard it in NY...though someone could have put up a demo of what this guy did, but not THAT system in THAT room!

I just joined the club, a foaf had some Sequels for sale and I finally realized the dream of having some elctrostatics!

VERY NICE! I like the painting too! Are you a singer? You have a mic on a stand in front... I play in a band at church...I play guitar...unless I have broken my wrist today and it feels like I might have...SUCK!!!

VERY NICE! I like the painting too! Are you a singer? You have a mic on a stand in front... I play in a band at church...I play guitar...unless I have broken my wrist today and it feels like I might have...SUCK!!!
Thanks!

The painting looks a lot better in photos! :) It was done by a foaf and I initially liked it a lot, but he's got some collage stuff in the left center where he painted lightly over some news print and now it's peeling... and driving me up the wall!

I have no musical talent at all, the mic was there post-party where one of the guests broke out an impromptu concert. It just hadn't been put back where it belongs. Most of my friends are in "bands" or play, and a quick stroll through the house revealed five guitars, but I barely know a fret from a frog.

Good luck with the wrist; I spent 6 weeks with plaster to my armpit, plus 4 weeks with just a wrist cast, and I enjoyed none of it at all. None!

That system is in a house in FL self installed by the owner...doubt you heard it in NY...though someone could have put up a demo of what this guy did, but not THAT system in THAT room!

Well yes.not that exact system that's in that house of course, thats not what I ment. "that system" meant same equipment.

Well yes.not that exact system that's in that house of course, thats not what I ment. "that system" meant same equipment.

I can't imagine that there is any place where that much equipment could be amassed again! That is probably most of a years worth of McIntosh production! :haha1: Just kidding of course but that is a TON of gear! Actually it probably weighs more than a ton!

Stereo Exchange NY. Macintosh Themselves did the show, along with Kimber Kable. Stereo Exchange invited Their customers, they had food and drinks.

I can't imagine that there is any place where that much equipment could be amassed again! That is probably most of a years worth of McIntosh production! :haha1: Just kidding of course but that is a TON of gear! Actually it probably weighs more than a ton!

Stereo Exchange NY. Macintosh Themselves did the show, along with Kimber Kable. Stereo Exchange invited Their customers, they had food and drinks.

Very nice...must have pulled out all the stops for that one! Sounds like it was a good time!

Very nice...must have pulled out all the stops for that one! Sounds like it was a good time!

It was. More eating, drinking and talking, not much listening:cheers:

If you are ever in NY, check them out. They have some serious equipment there.

Excellent Sequel System...

MotorToad,

:D Welcome to the ML Club!
Beautiful Sequel System. :D Wonderful set-up and listening environment.
I love the painting behind your system as well. :D

It is good to have you here with us. :D

It was. More eating, drinking and talking, not much listening:cheers:

If you are ever in NY, check them out. They have some serious equipment there.

Stereo Exchange used to be a good store. They used to carry ARC, ML, etc. They've dropped many of their good brands in an effort to cater to HT enthusiasts. Almost no 2 channel listening goes on there. If you're an audiophile in NY, you've got to seek out Lyric, Singer or AudioVisions. (Audio Breakthroughs for mid-to-top line stuff.) I'd stay away from Harvey.

Stereo Exchange used to be a good store. They used to carry ARC, ML, etc. They've dropped many of their good brands in an effort to cater to HT enthusiasts. Almost no 2 channel listening goes on there. If you're an audiophile in NY, you've got to seek out Lyric, Singer or AudioVisions. (Audio Breakthroughs for mid-to-top line stuff.) I'd stay away from Harvey.

The best service, setup I've experienced in Manhattan is at Innovative audio. They actually bring the speaker in the room you're in if it's no there. Only the big ones, like Wilson stay put. didn't like the guys at Lyric or Singer much.
I walk right buy Singer everyday.

The best service, setup I've experienced in Manhattan is at Innovative audio. They actually bring the speaker in the room you're in if it's no there. Only the big ones, like Wilson stay put. didn't like the guys at Lyric or Singer much.
I walk right buy Singer everyday.

To each his own: I bought my BAT preamp from Innovative and they stopped carrying the line. (Singer picked it up.) Many salespeople at Innovative tend to be transient and there is little customer follow-up. I'd have to characterise my experiences there as neither positive nor negative.

Back