Martin Logan Spires

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I like the house sound , I am not a big fan of the looks . If the sounded fantastic (which I'm sure they will ) I could get to love them . Like a ugly girl , There is a light switch !

Thanks for the link to the article. It's nice to see a picture of them.

So from the looks it appears that these have the Summit panels with a single woofer instead of the Summit dual woofers.

It's hard to tell from the article but I am guessing that the amplifer is only used for the bass and these aren't fully active like the Source's even though some people that wrote comments mention plugging an iPod into them.

I happen to like the idea. Save a little money by using your subwoofer to fill in the extreme bottom end, but still get the larger Summit x-stat.

Chuck

Although I like the house sound , I am not a big fan of the looks . If the sounded fantastic (which I'm sure they will ) I could get to love them . Like a ugly girl , There is a light switch !
And there is a girl for every guy ;) I prefer the looks to that of my SL3s; they look sleeker and less bulky.

I love the look of the Spires also. Looking at the price of them I wonder if it would be better to just get the Summits. The upgrade of the larger Summit panel and slight increase in bass from the Vantages make me wonder to either get the Vantages or the Summits. I guess we will have to listen to them first before making any judgements on sound quality.
Jim

I love the look of the Spires also. Looking at the price of them I wonder if it would be better to just get the Summits. The upgrade of the larger Summit panel and slight increase in bass from the Vantages make me wonder to either get the Vantages or the Summits. I guess we will have to listen to them first before making any judgements on sound quality.
Jim

I suspect we may see the Vista & Vantage go away and have a new powered speaker take up the Vantage price point, to be sold at the "consumer electronics" retail points (Best Buy) leaving the Spire and Summit to the high end dealers.

Last edited:
HTML:
I suspect we may see the Vista & Vantage go away 
and have a new powered speaker take up the Vantage price 
point, to be sold at the "consumer electronics" retail points (Best Buy)
 leaving the Spire and Summit to the high end dealers.
They may obsolete the Vantage or Vista but I would doubt that Best Buy would attempt to sell a $5000.00 speaker even at Magnolia. What is the most expensive speaker that Best Buy sells? Sorry, I never get to Best Buy anymore. The only reason I went there was to buy cds. I quit buying cds at Best Buy over 2 yrs. ago. It's easier to go on Amazon or Ebay. I would never find anything but new releases at Best Buy.
Jim

2 years ago we never thought BestBuy would be selling ML products. I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy ML upgraded their speaker and component product line up a notch or two in the next couple of years to keep up with the other home theatre upgrades. They'll need better speakers to match the bigger plasmas they're now selling. They'll probably be selling OLED TVs by then. Just speculating.

Back