KRELL S-1200U OR ANTHEM STATEMENT D2v

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't decide between the Krell or the Anthem.....Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to also look at the Denon AVP-A1HD preamp as well.

Personally, I feel it's delivers superior features and is the sonic equivalent (or better) of the two listed.

One element of the AVP that sets it apart in my mind is the inclusion of the superior Audyssey room correction process.

The other is support for totally lossless, Jitter-free linkup's between transports and processor. With players like the new A1UD with DenonLink 4, you get perfect playback for ALL 5" disc formats, from CD to BluRay, including SACD and DVD-Audio. Nobody else can deliver that.

Also, the AVP is rock-solid, and Denon has been excellent at providing frequent, and free firmware updates.

This is not the 'usual' Denon stuff, it really is reference-class build and performance. I chose it over a Meridian G68 last year, and that's after years of being a loyal Meridian owner.

Last edited:
Musically I have liked the Krell over the Anthem products - but I have not heard those specific models you list. Does each have the features you are looking for?

I have other suggestions, but since you only inquired about those two models, I will wait until you ask.

Latest posts

Back