Inexpensive speaker wire for 5.1 system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Am helping a friend put together a Denon / Def Tech Pro Cinema 100 5.1 system.

Any recommendations on speaker wire in the $0.25 to $0.50 per lineal foot?

GG

I've done quite a bit of looking around over the years. Aside from making your own (which I ended up being able to do), I've found that the place to get the most cost effective, high-quality cables is Bluejeans.

Edit: In case you're interested, this is the document I used to show me how to make cables. I've been building my own cables for awhile now, and I'm very happy with the results, particularly from a cost side. (Has saved me a ton with all the components I've got. ;) )

Last edited:
Thank You!!

Dave, Ken, and Sleepy,

Thank you so much for the information. My ML amigos have come thru again.

Best regards,

Gordon

Last edited:
I needed some CHEAP surround and center cables a while back. I didn't want to spend anything as I was gettign ready to move and would need to change my room around. So I used spare (old and damaged on one end) power extension cables with bare wire connections. You know, the orange ones you use with the lawn tools. Well, you know, it didn't sound too bad. I wouldn't trust them as my main cables (for those I use Groneberg TS Premiums :rocker: ), but for surrounds they did pretty good. My $0.02.

Back