inexpensive 2 channel amps (not for ML)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for suggestions on used monitor speakers for my whole house sound project. I'm searching for something from the list that y'all provided.

After auditioning the Sonos with the intergrated amp, it is clear to me that I will need to buy the unit without the amp, and add a two channel amp to complete each zone. I am looking for suggestions on inexpensive 2 channel amps. Two that came up immediately on audiogon were Rotel and Adcom. I've never heard the Adcom's in person, so I'm not sure what to expect from them. The Rotel's seem like safe bets. Any comments on these, or any others that I should consider?

A few more restrictions, need to be no more than $350 used, and auto-sense the input (since Sonos does not have a 12v trigger). There are a couple Rotel's listed right now for around $200 with auto-sensing inputs that might work.

Hmmm, in that case the pieces I suggested in my E-mail may be quite a bit more than your budget. If so.. than this one is easy;

Jolida 1301 hybrid integrated. Mosfet transistor output stage with dual 12AX7 tube input stage. 30 wpc will be enough to drive those SIA Rothschilde A2's to fairly loud levels. Can be had for $350 or less.. contact Brian at www.venushifi.com

Rega Brio 2 integrated. A very nice Brittish piece that runs cool and is chalk full of tone and foot tapping musicality and compatible with a slew of speakers.. I believe the version 2 boasts 35-40 wpc .. I am not certain. It will have enough drive to power the A2's and other speakers for that matter. Can be had around $350 on the gon.

Back