How would ARC work with Dynamo subs and an Anthem receiver?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcl

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Dynamo 800X/1100X subs and I really like their built-in ARC support. It looks like I may also get the Anthem MRX-720 receiver, which also has ARC built into it. How would these mesh together if I get them both? Would the Dynamo ARC be simply redundant (or even used) in this case, or is it tailored to the Dynamo?

in this specific case, it would be redundant with a 720 in the mix. An additional plus is the Genesis upgrade which is compatible with both of the units you are looking at but at this moment, more expoitable on the 720 platform. ARC is good already but Genesis seems to have lots of tunability, flexibility (Apple compatible!) that previous ARC didn't. Great news is Genesis is compatible with all of our goods including BF, Dynamo 1500, etc.
For you, the question is what else does the 800/1100 offer. The phone app is what I touch almost daily as recording levels between channels, recordings means making quick changes very easy. They are also pretty dramatic improvements over the older Dynamo subs so you are getting a better sub regardless of features on board.

Back