Home networking / streaming music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsmooth

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I know many of you do this and I am looking to get started. I have a newer pc labtop, a wireless n router, and a denon 3808 that is connected via the Ethernet cable to the router. How do I network this thing to get my labtop to send music over wi-fi to my receiver? Sorry for my ignorence.

page 52 of the manual seems to be appropo. you set up windows media player (at least ver 11) on your laptop.

then page 54 describes selecting the host (laptop) for the 3808 to use. then you select the desired file. seems clunky.

the end of page 55 and onto page 56 describes how to attach explorer/firefox/browser on the laptop to the 3808 webserver and display the 3808 GUI on your laptop browser. seems less clunky :)

im very frustrated with mine(i also have a 3808ci), i can get it to play mp3s, but it wont play any of my flac files. according to the manual it bases its library on the one WMP11 builds, and WMP11 sees and plays all my audio so thats not it. im very frustrated. i ended up running a coax line up to it just so i can play anything i want from my main media center on another floor.

clunky indeed

I, too, have a 3808, and agree the interface is far too cumbersome for streaming local files, or Internet radio for that matter. As mentioned above, you CAN configure the Denon to work with (non-FLAC) network streams, but instead, I suggest just using one of the Squeezebox, Sonos, or other similar players which are better designed for that function, and offer a graphical display with dedicated remote, as well as ability to build playlists and save "favorites", along with other features the Denon lacks.

The forthcoming Squeezebox Touch will be able to stream 24/96 FLAC files (I suggest WIRED ethernet for high-res tracks), and will have a 4" color LCD display for displaying album art and track information.

Last edited:
The forthcoming Squeezebox Touch will be able to stream 24/96 FLAC files (I suggest WIRED ethernet for high-res tracks), and will have a 4" color LCD display for displaying album art and track information.
can you even stream lossless files wirelessly?

it was a few long days with a hammer drill, but i ran a ton of rg6, cat5, and 10 gauge o2free speaker wire when i first moved in, and its been well worth it so far.

have you networked your denon wirelessly?

Latest posts

Back