Hi all from sunny Somerset UK!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUTZ57

Reaction score
I sit hear with a great big grin on my face being lucky enough to be in the presence of a fine pair of walnut Impression ESL 11A's :rocker:

I will say more but now is not the time I just can't drag myself away from playing my complete collection and hearing it all again for what seems the very first time!

The only question I ask myself is why it took me so long to give these a try, Hats off to ML for a very fine product :bowdown: Can't wait to spend a lot more time with them :cool:

Will post system info and details soon...…...assuming I can drag myself away!

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new ML's!! Glad you found us and so happy that you're digging the ML experience.

Welcome aboard 'MUT'. Now that you have Logans, you're a 'Pure Breed' !

Which one to choose!

Welcome! Glad you like yours so much!

Interested in knowing what amplifiers you're using.

Hi ttocs, thanks for the welcome, well I have moved on from a pair of Eggleston Works Andra 3's driven by a Musical Fidelity X300 Nu Vista integrated which really was impressive, the Musical Fidelity has been fully upgraded by JS audio and is a step above the standard stock version. It drives the Egglestons without breaking into a sweat so I thought it would be massively overkill for the panels of the ESL11a's, as it turns out it sounds incredible (albeit probably still overkill!)

Because I have access to a couple of amplifier options through others who share this fantastic hobby, I have also tried Nord Acoustics 500w per channel class D switching amps, 500w per channel Linn Klimax Solo amps and 140w per channel Quad 909.

The Nords weren't great too be honest, they sounded flat and clinical, the Linn's fared better but were blown away by the Musical Fidelity, the surprise of the bunch was the little Quad 909 which has a very similar sonic signature to the Musical Fidelity and really packs a punch. It uses current dumping technology and is said to be well suited to electrostat panels.

Need to listen a bit more to this combination as in some respects I am liking what the Quad does which for anyone on a budget this would be a great solution.

I have read some reviews and recommendations and picked up on the Magtech amp along with Bryston as possible good matches, will stick with the Musical Fidelity for the run in period and swap in the Quad to see what gives the best of these before considering alternatives.

Will post system details and history on separate thread to keep response short and relevant to your query!

Happy listening!

Back