HELP! Front woofer in my Summit doesn`t work...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reybent

Reaction score
Listening to some music with som deep bass.. then suddentlig I thought I saw my right side Summit shaked a bit.. A few minuts later I schecked it out, and I`ve noticed that the woofer in front didn`t move!:(

Did the amp or woofer blow? I know difficult to say... But is there any protection circuit that kicks in? Since I live in Norway, you think it is possible to send it dirrectly to M. Logan in US? Since my dealer here in Norway sucks, and they probably may do the same.. And I would have to wait for ages..

Thanks for answering!

Hola Reybent. First of all, do not panic. You have the best service. Just drop a note to Mr. Dana Brown at ML service dept ([email protected]), explain to him your problem, and he will guide you to find your Summit woofer problem. Happy listening!

Unplug and replug the power cable. I have seen a lot of summits occassionally have the front woofer stop working and resetting by power cycle brings it back.

First, thanks for answering... Before I got to read any of your answer I did take out the power cord for a few second.. But still it didn`t work.. Did the same again later that day, this time I waited a while.. Then it worked again.. HALLELUJA!

Thanks anyway for your answer!

Hi!

I have similar problems with my Summits as reybent.
The difference is that when playing loud and bass-heavy musical piece, not only the front woofer goes off, but the backside LED goes off as well!!

In the meantime, the downfiring woofer keeps working.

When I unplug the power cable (the LED is still off at that time) the LED goes red for about 2 seconds, and then goes off.
After plugging-in the power, everything goes back to normal operation.

All of this happens when I use a laptop+DAC source, which has a relatively low output level, thus if I want really loud music, which happens occasionally, I have to turn the volume of my amp to almost maximum. When staying at max. 75% of max. volume, everything is OK.

My amp is rated at 2x250W (8Ω), 2x500W (4Ω), therefore confortably oversized for the semi-active Summits.

My official ML dealer has already contacted Dana Brown for help and suggestion, but I wanted to share with you this trouble, hoping to have your impressions :bowdown:

Back