Hello from a newbie!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve from UK

Reaction score
Thanks to Tom for sorting out my activation problems :D

I'm from County Durham in England (Gods own country ;)) - new to electrostatics aswell as this forum.

Spent a little time lurking before registering and what a great,informative place you have here.

My 'stuff' :

Musical Fidelity 308 CD player,308 pre and 308 power (250w into 8,450w into 4).

Toshiba SD900 for DVD-A duties (2-channel only - UK rooms haven't the space to do justice to 5.1,6.1 or 7.1 very well unless you can afford a country mansion)

Kef ref. 3.2 speakers.

Nordost Red Dawn rev II cabling but looking at some MIT gear in the near future.

Just bought a pair of lightly used Sequel II's - had them all of 2 days and still getting to grips with placement,toe-in,distance from walls etc etc.

Early days yet but the mids + treble are starting to get there,soundstage still a little way off but it's the bass causing most concern.

A little trial and error over the coming days methinks !

Jeezzzz,do these things sap some power - the MF combo don't lack balls but i'm thinking I may need to track down a pair of MDA 300's.

The Logans are just starting to get into the groove at almost half volume on the pre - if I tried that using the Kef's i'd be pulling Uni-Q drivers from my teeth !!

Anyway,i'm off for a browse - no doubt i'll be bugging the hell out of you lot with mundane questions soon (yes,I know there's a search function lol).

Thanks,
Steve

Hey Steve get that system posted ASAP with some nice pics in the Members Systems area...

Enjoy the club!

Justin

Steve, I had Maggies before I bought my Ascents in May 2007. It took me a while to get them set up, and I still tweak them a bit now and then.
Comming from Magnepans, I assumed the positioning, room treatments, etc would be similar. Not so.
Best advice I can give is throw out any preconceptions and start like a newbie. Don't be afraid to experiment. If I had done that I would have saved myself a lot of time.

Welcome, and good luck. Definately worth the effort once you get them dialed in.

Mike

Latest posts

Back