Front and back stator panel misalignment

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpus456

Reaction score
I hope the title makes sense but i noticed on the the ML cinema the the front and back stator is not aligned perfect moving from the center to the left hand side. The rear panel holes are slightly higher then the front.

Will this affect sound? reason i asked is due to this...

i noticed is that the unit is a hell to setup. i have it about 30 inches of the floor and the tweeter is pointed toward the listeners ears.

Sitting in this position it feels that the sound is coming more for the right side of the speaker (btw, im 11 feet from the unit) and when person is speaking on the right had side of the screen it seams as if i cant tell where the voice is coming from... now if a person is on the left hand side of the screen i dont get the same effect.. it seems as if the sound is still coming from the right side... am i going crazy???

If i slouch down and move slightly to the right the the sounds seems more even.. i dont get it.. im going nuts!!! is it due to the panel or difflections??? the right side of room has an opening to the kitchen.. maybe that has something to do with it???

Please help!

Other notes.. i sat close to the speaker and im getting sound from the whole panel, tweeter and bother woofers.. the speaker sound amazing.. but its just the imaging that throwing me off.

I don't think stator alignment matters beyond aesthetics. The center channel should play even sound all the way across - it shouldn't matter if the voice is coming from the left or right because it can't really add directionality. Unplug your main channels and see if you still have the same effect. It sounds to me like you might have your right channel level set higher than your left.

I don't think stator alignment matters beyond aesthetics. The center channel should play even sound all the way across - it shouldn't matter if the voice is coming from the left or right because it can't really add directionality. Unplug your main channels and see if you still have the same effect. It sounds to me like you might have your right channel level set higher than your left.

That might be it.. but i used a db meter and made sure it was 77db across the front... ill have to recheck that again

LOL.. these speakers are so finicky that a slight move to the left of the right and the db can jump.... but many do i love em ;D

Hola. play a pink noise, and all the panel surface must produce even sound, from top to bottom, and left to right. If you have part of the panel dead, it is time to do it a shower, or change it for a new panel. Dust sometimes makes this to happen. Happy listening.

Hola. play a pink noise, and all the panel surface must produce even sound, from top to bottom, and left to right. If you have part of the panel dead, it is time to do it a shower, or change it for a new panel. Dust sometimes makes this to happen. Happy listening.

panel seems to be fine, i sat right infront of it and im getting sound across the whole thing. Gonna try and vacuum it this weekend and see it that changes anything

Latest posts

Back