Formula 1 Racing coming to Austin Texas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll believe it when I see it... There is no venue even CLOSE to being able to host an event like this and thus will have to be built from scratch in less than 2 years and will likely cost more than $500 MILLION... I give it well less than even odds of the ground even being broken on this one!

I am a HUGE, I MEAN HUGE, F1 fan so NO ONE wants to see this more than me, but I can't imagine this is going to actually get pulled off!

NICE!!!! I know where I will be in 2012 listening to some music by guitars and engines .:cheers:

Pcar928fan has this pegged. It ain't gonna happen. And here is why.

This guy from Full Throttle, his name is Tavo Hellmund, a Mexican-born race car driver who made a splash in NASCAR years ago, but today he is a nobody. I checked with one of the top guys in NASCAR who originally negotiated with Bernie for the INDY USGP and he had never heard of him.

Does anybody think that is kind strange? And guess what, there were other deals going on when this was announced and none of the others involved had ever heard of Tavo or Austin. People in California and NY are pi$$ed.

Let's see they, don't have a track, they don't have infrastructure, they don't have business community involved. They say the State of Texas has offered them 250 million dollars, without taxpayer approval or even notification or even so much as a public process. Don't know about all 50 states but in most states when $250 million in taxpayer money is spent on a foreign corporation and that money is sent overseas............And let's see.....

They haven't got enviromental impact studies done yet, they have never done anything even remotely like this before and they are going to do all this in what is arguably the greenest city in Texas, all in less than 24 months, I don't think so.

The bigger question everyone is asking is what is Bernie's real motive here? I see where the State's supposed committment is null and void if Full Throttle fails to deliver a race and race track, but Tavo will find that he can't get out of paying Bernie race or not. Bernie will take his money and run and it is up front, the taxpayers will never see any of that money again.....unless they tune in to Monaco and see Bernie on his yacht.

Don't be surprised if this all ends in tears and jail time for one or more people involved with this. That is except Bernie, he will fly out of the country when something goes wrong like he did at Indy during the tire debacle.

Remember, if it seems to be too good to be true, IT IS.:D

NICE!!!! I know where I will be in 2012 listening to some music by guitars and engines .:cheers:

Road-trip !
auto11.gif

Remember, if it seems to be too good to be true, IT IS.:D

Bernie was interviewed during today's F1 race, and he confirmed this event. So maybe he was just confirming his deposit of the cash ;)

Found out some more interesting stuff on this. Bernie charged each of the parties that wanted to bid for the race 1 million dollars in cash. He ended up picking the only group of the 4 groups that I know were bidding for the race that does not have a track. Coincidence.....I don't think so.

So Bernie pockets 4 million that I know of , and picks the only one who can't deliver a race.

I actually think that the only reason he picked Texas is that the taxpayers of Texas are paying his 25 million dollar sanction fee, the others were offering less than 25 million but it was not taxpayer money. Now he is going to take 25 million in taxpayer money, which is what I think he was after all along.

And when it all falls apart he will skip town.......if that is not illegal, it should be.

Gotta admire Bernie's shark nose tracking down hard cash-in-pocket no matter how obscure the source! The truest capitalist still living and a real-world evil genius! He will take down F1 as he sees fit, since he built it himself.

How is it Bernie's responsibility if it falls apart afterward? He just sells the RIGHT to hold an F1 race. But here's the conflict of interest and what should be illegal: Now for two years we get to hear him say how the Americans can't get it done! (Like he did with the USF1 team....)

Agreed, I think that when the Texas Rangers go after Bernie, he can expect to spend the rest of his life behind bars.....if they don't shoot him first.

Latest posts

Back