Fixing a broken Ascent

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carletto

Reaction score
Hi from Italy (sorry for my bad english…)

One of my Ascent does not work no longer.
Today I've removed the panel from rails looking for the issue and try to fix it.
Gotcha. The wires on the panel got detatched.
That's due to the panel which has slipped down some inches, I suppose. Don't ask me why, I have no idea…
Is there any tutorial about to re-solder wires on the panel?
I don't mean how only but, above all, where...

Thanks in advance.
Carlo

Hola Carletto. The three wires are detatched? At the lower end, the blue goes for the front panel, and black goes for the back panel, and the red is in the center,at the diaphragm. Do not apply to much heat to the millar diaphragm, because you can melt it. To solder the red, it is going to take some patience and soldering skills. You need a 40 Watt soldering tool for the stat panels. It is not an easy task, but you can do it with patience. Try first to heat the panel and put some solder right where the wire goes, The wire must have solder too. This will make easer the soldering process. Hope this might help. Happy listening.

Thanks Beek and Roberto.
I'm not very skilled in soldering and I'am also a little worried to make a mess up...

Roberto, is there a specific place to solder or everywhere at lower end is ok?

Luckily the italian ML importer is only 45 min. from Florence. Just in case of... fire :D

You can take a look at the other speaker. If you see at the botom, usually at the left corner, you can see the exact place where the wires were welded. Usually only one wire is detatched, the blue or the black. Go to your dealer, and do the job there. He is already experienced with problems like the one that you have. Happy listening.

Back