ELS 11A TAS review

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, I've had one listening experience with the 13a's myself (loved 'em) and I concur no harshness whatsoever. As we all know, room interaction is so important.

While I'm still on my 'honeymoon' with my Revel Studio 2's, if I were to make a change today, I'd be into a pair of 13a's in a heartbeat !

Last edited:
Look forward to reading review online. For me a combination of preferring the aesthetics of the previous series and having no complaints re Spire and Velodyne DD12+ sub makes my interest in new MLs a bit academic. But I have no doubt they’ll sound great with the work on bass and integration.
Really enjoying the quality and amazing range of material via streaming and my new purchase Moon 780D DAC streamer, and analogue of course.

Though I post here infrequently I enjoy you characters who post more often, and the USA political threads are very interesting From a Scottish/UK perspective....
Also as forums go it is remarkably free of vitriol (most of the time :rolleyes:) and guys with opposing views try to stay cool! Well done Tom for keeping it going, thanks.

The review we're talking about was also very complimentary to the Montis. I asked about upgrading from the Summit X to the Masterpiece Series in another forum and one person who had owned both Series replied that the Masterpiece Series was a little more forward sounding. I'm sure the Masterpiece Series improves on the Renaissance Series in many ways, but some may prefer the slightly less forward sound of the Renaissance Series. They're cheaper too.

I log on nearly every day.. saw this thread and wondered where the link was... figured you would edit and put it in there and i'd then move the post to the correct part of the forum.

I don't want to pull the plug on the site... the ads almost pay for the maintenance of the site and moderation is easy... Quite regularly there are people who find us and get their questions answered.. so it's worth it. But someday it will all be over..

Tom - I sure hope you keep the site up and running. Many ML owners use this site on a regular basis. I check the site regularly, most times without leaving any comments - but I always go away with more insight and knowledge of these speakers that I absolutely love. Thanks for keeping the site going.

I log on nearly every day.. saw this thread and wondered where the link was... figured you would edit and put it in there and i'd then move the post to the correct part of the forum.

I don't want to pull the plug on the site... the ads almost pay for the maintenance of the site and moderation is easy... Quite regularly there are people who find us and get their questions answered.. so it's worth it. But someday it will all be over..

Tom - I sure hope you keep the site up and running. Many ML owners use this site on a regular basis. I check the site regularly, most times without leaving any comments - but I always go away with more insight and knowledge of these speakers that I absolutely love. Thanks for keeping the site going.

Tom, I also lurk more than post these days. Thank you for keeping the site open. It is truly a very valuable resource.

Latest posts

Back