Electro-motion thread -they are comin'

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well pretty frustrating. I am not getting responses from my emails to the Best Buy guys in Gilroy about the Electromotions nor is anyone answering the phone back in the Magnolia area. I am still shooting for Apr 2 to check them out again.

Since I am driving north today, I tried calling Modesto Best Buy a couple of times last night but no one back in the Magnolia room would pick up the phone. I finally got ahold of someone this morning. He said they had just set up their Electromotions on Friday and the "sound" is not there at all as yet so I won't be stopping by.

So no news (or pics) from Central California.

Best,
Jim

Hello everyone,
I just got the New Electromotion ESL and man am I impressed, these thing are just unbelieveable for the price of $2000 bucks but there are draw backs. You cant bi amp and you cant use spade connectors which I love using...for now though I have hooked them up and only heard a few songs but from what I heard I can tell that the sweet spot is much bigger than the sources being that the new ESL has the Xstat panel and also it is 34 inches vs 28 inches on the source or puritys. Now my only other concern was the height as it's only one inch bigger than the sources which when I stood up there was a very big downgrade to the sound. This is not the case with these speakers. I will have pics of them up tomorrow.

Dynesuffer,

I see that you also own Prefaces and Encores. Are you still using them in your system? If so, for what purpose and how do they blend with the Electromotions?

ooo I love that jimna

Yep I want the pics tonight or I will have to go buy a pair right now and post the pics myself

I heard a pair of a store on the other side of town. Was VERY impressed. They sounded fabulous and looked great. Would not be out of place in a condo or apartment. Big sound, but not big visually.

Here is one picture more tomorrow!!

Sorry it's been so long but I've had a really busy day, I have one photo and will post more tomorrow promise.:haha1: And as for the question about the prefaces and encores, I have the prefaces as my wide fronts and the encores as my side rear and back rear. And soundwise they all blend extremely well and I was very worried about this but man was I surprised. More pictures tomorrow!!

thanks for looking:cheers:

Josh

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 464
That friggin center channels a monster

The electromotion are looking good my man and I am very jealous indeed .I asked my wife if she did not mind if I went ahead and ordered a pair and she said sure . She gave me a list of things she wanted done and I completed these silly tasks by 9pm then I went to order me some

At 9pm amazon had sold out completely and I nearly threw up in my mouth because who knows when they will be back in . I have amazon gift cards to use up so thats the only place I can (I'm allowed) buy them from

I look forward to more pics of them lovely speakers

You should update your system showcase profile

more pictures!!

I just kept taking photos and I will also be putting these in my system thread. thanks for looking these things are awesome.:D

Attachments

• tghsfd.jpg
    tghsfd.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 418
  • hhmbh.jpg
    hhmbh.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 421
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 412
  • bhg.jpg
    bhg.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 407
I love the cute dogs ya got there bro

Love the setup you have there I bet you can crank that way up and have thunder bass from the subs and crystal clear mids n highs from the plethora of martin logans

Next thing you got to do is get a nice epson projector and elite pull down screen and its game set and match

Thanks for posting the pictures:rocker:

Thanks the dogs just love taking photos. :)

Still needs a little work but its gettin there. Next will be the Spires that replace the motions, so that means they will be moved to the wides and the prefaces will be moved to the rears. Then after that the side encores will be replace by Scripts or if ML comes out with something new to replace the scripts...and hopefully later a couple more Empires just for the hell of it.

But all these things will probably happen after my wedding on June 26th.

I would try to get all them speakers in before the wedding lol trust me

Martin logan has plans to release a new version of the scripts later this year and thats what I am waiting for to go 7.1

I have the source se up front with a matinee center but I will get the electromotions as soon as amazon gets them back in . I would like to own a theater or stage center channel and put another matinee up as a front height in a dolby 2z config . I think the matinee is not really a powerhouse center channel and its more of a super surround speaker

You would be surprize, my fiance soon to be wife doesnt get in my way when it come to my electronics. If anything she encourages me too buy these things. You only live once, thats the way we both look at it and we've been already living together for almost 3 years. And she loves the HT more and more. :)

But I am diffenently looking forward to the new script, thanks for the info and I wonder when this year it will be released. Hopefully we will get the news on that soon. :)

And I agree with you as to the matinee being more like a super surround speaker lol. it would be fun to see what those could do as surrounds. And as for the theater/stage you cant go wrong with either, I almost bought a stage but the sheer presence of the theater made me change my mind its such a bueaty...but thats just me.

Last edited:
Well, I was going to pull the trigger on a pair of Vantages but after hearing the Electromotions it was a pretty easy decision to buy these. ML is having a hard time stocking them, as they are one of the best value out there right now. My jaw dropped after hearing them, and I couldn't justify $3700 dollar difference between the two. Since I already own a pair of very high end speakers these fit the bill, they sound almost as good as my Dynaudio C2s for a quarter the cost. By the way, my HT room is next on the list to update, the colors are horrible, that is what happens when you let your wife paint. LOL

Here is a few pics:

Attachments

• IMG_1410.jpg
    IMG_1410.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 798
Last edited:
Hi audionirvana and welcome to the club

Thats a fine set of speakers you got there and your right about ML having a tough time stocking them because Amazon has a 2 -4 week shipping date from purchase

I have amazon gift cards But I may just go some place else to get myself a pair alot sooner

Beautiful setup you have in that room, I'm sure its just awesome for watching a movie .Them other speakers you have there look great, what models are they

Congrats on your new speakers and I completely agree the you made the right choice I was having the same problem but the difference in sound between the two isnt much. I hope you enjoy your speakers I know I am.:)

Congrats on your new speakers and I completely agree the you made the right choice I was having the same problem but the difference in sound between the two isnt much. I hope you enjoy your speakers I know I am.:)

Thanks, the problem is I think I stepped on a few Avantage owners toes, with a few of my comments. Sorry for that, as they use the same panel just difference size and they use the same crossover. The Advantage cabinet is much better and so is there bass, depending what your listening to. I have owned many MLs in the past, SL3s, CLS etc.. I am just impressed with the price point and performance.

Sorry for that, as they use the same panel just difference size and they use the same crossover.

The crossover may be the same, I really don't know. But the crossover point (the point at which the panel shifts off to the woofer) is 100 hz higher in Electromotion than in the Vantage. That can have a huge impact in the seamlessness of the sound, and should not be overlooked when comparing the two speakers.

Okay guys, I just got back from BB and took some pics for those that have seen the Source but haven't seen the Electromotion. I did get an email from one of the BB salespeople yesterday, that he had been on vacation and he tried yesterday to send me some pics but their email system did not allow this. Anyway here are the pics first and then what my ears heard this time (two weeks later) with about 40 hours of breakin on the Electromotions compared to the Source (the Source have been at BB for about 2 years according to the BB rep). The first pic is left of "center" and second is right of "center". From inside out are; Electromotion, Motion12, not sure, and Source). So the Electromotion is a bit wider (maybe?)/taller but not by much.

Attachments

• pic 063.jpg
    pic 063.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 765
  • pic 064.jpg
    pic 064.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 775

Latest posts

Back