Crackling vantage speaker

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmschnur

Reaction score
One of my 4.99 year old Vantages has starting emitting occasional static sounds When I take off the amp input static persists. Unplugging it leads to a dying down and then stop of sounds.

The other vantage is still quiet.

Ac for all time. Vacuumed every two months or so.

Any suggestions?

Hola. Sometimes a debris is hard to eliminate. Unplug your speaker overnight, then vacuum again. Also you can look for the spot where the cracking is coming from. If you could locate the exact place of the noise, then with the aid of a brush paint 1" thick, you can clean there and again, vacuum the area. All electrostatic speaker is culprit to make odd or funny noises once and then. It will not harm your speaker or your amplifier. . I hope this could help. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Hola. Sometimes a debris is hard to eliminate. Unplug your speaker overnight, then vacuum again. Also you can look for the spot where the cracking is coming from. If you could locate the exact place of the noise, then with the aid of a brush paint 1" thick, you can clean there and again, vacuum the area. All electrostatic speaker is culprit to make odd or funny noises once and then. It will not harm your speaker or your amplifier. . I hope this could help. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks I will do all you suggest. You are a treasure for this forum.

Back