Cable lengths

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyc

MLO Supporter
Reaction score
I have lately been thinking about getting a long run of newer interconnect to replace my 7 meter run of ancient Purist Audio Colossus. I am wondering how many of you use long runs of interconnect between pre and power amps and what you have found to sound good and are cost effective. It simply is not possible to audition the length I need from a dealer. Help!

I have lately been thinking about getting a long run of newer interconnect to replace my 7 meter run of ancient Purist Audio Colossus. I am wondering how many of you use long runs of interconnect between pre and power amps and what you have found to sound good and are cost effective. It simply is not possible to audition the length I need from a dealer. Help!

Hi,
7 meters is long enough that I would consider using balanced cables, if your pre and power amps support it.

Just my .02,
Peter

what's your budget? That would be the best place to start.

I can appreciate your choice in cable, but 'conventioanl' wisdom indicates a short IC with long speaker cables, the reasoning? The signal over the IC is very small and susceptible to interference much more so than the stronger signal from the amp to the speakers. I know that doesn't really helo you, but I hope it can be a consideration.

Back