Bad Rumour ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenote56

Reaction score
Hello,

I've noticed some rumour, saying ML is not performing very well. Although this would not be a big surprise, could someone here or even from the company give a statement about that?

ML, focus on your core products and go forward to prolong the timeline of your legendary speakers. I definitely miss somewhat like the CLS. As Gayle once stated: "the heart and soul of ML". A puristic fullrange system in an affordable price range.

Br
Johann

It would seem they have broadened their product line. However their recent products at the top seem to be very good.

Absolute sound loved the summit x and the Montis has been well received.

J

It would seem they have broadened their product line. However their recent products at the top seem to be very good.
Absolute sound loved the summit x and the Montis has been well received.

Maybe, I expressed my concerns somewhat misleading. I am ML owner since 1987 and ever have been conviced by the sonic performance.

I was talking about commercial and business related issues. I've heard about rumors, that the current owner of the company could terminate ML's business or cancel the high-end segment.

Ummh, where the heck did that come from? we are on pace for another growth year, a number of new goods, many in the high end are on the board or in process so at least from my seat, all is great or at least good. Love rumours.
No smoke up skirts, all businesses are haveing a tougher time than the good old days, but great products, good dealer support, things to come suggests that those are only rumours.

No smoke up skirts, all businesses are haveing a tougher time than the good old days, but great products, good dealer support, things to come suggests that those are only rumours.

Thats good news indeed! You know, european markets may actually be a bit nervous, so there is always certain rumor about this and that.

Could you give management a notice, that I want back the CLS? The same conception but an up-to-date stator. Hmmmmm :D :D :D

Thx for your response!
Johann

Funny this should come up... I found it a little strange that Commercial electronics in Vancouver, who have been a long time ML dealer, only had 2 pair of electromotions on display ( in a back hallway), and absolutely no other ML products. To be clear, they used to stock up to Summit and CLS range. Just saying...

P.S. I did get to hear a pair of Scala's though; not that impressive

Last edited:
IQ Home Theater in Farifax has most of their line for Demo.

Lack of speakers for demo says more about the store and not necessarily the brand I think.

IQ Home Theater in Farifax has most of their line for Demo.

Lack of speakers for demo says more about the store and not necessarily the brand I think.

That depends...
Has the store size has been reduced, or was it replaced by other gear? Stores are going to stock/display what sells and what makes them margin.

Honestly though all the new lines (microperf stators) are overall better, no?
Also now with greater WAF.

Not to mention their more accessible Motion series, which sound good IMO. I can't see how they could be doing worse.

PS: I just wish they would stay away from products like the MLT series.

The only issue I see, is their crazy panel replacement costs, unless that has changed. Could that be impacting the business? I dread the day I have to re-panel my gear.

It's simply AWESOME that the folks at ML read this stuff and respond.. Thanks Peter!

I would've guessed that ML is doing better than ever.. More models, more into the HT scene and we are getting lots of new members on the site who've purchased the non electrostatic models, which leads me to believe that all is well in ML-land.

and we hope all of our legacy friends will enjoy things in the upper end that should please everyone. it is a good time to be a MLer. should be a pretty exciting year or so. Just dont' ask me too much, but the high end is still what drives us.

The new panels ( circa 2010) are supposed to last much much longer . We shall have to wait and see.

Joel

To be totally fair to everyone here - this sort of thing comes out every few years. It dates right back to 1993 when they introduced the auto sensing circuit for the ES bias.

A CLX X with proper LF ESL bass?:D

P*ss taking aside, that would be VERY cool.:)

A CLX X would be a bit low-end wouldn't it Justin?

It would be good to see though.

But I really want to see ceiling-high ES panels and massive line arrays and bass towers......

I'd like to see a CLX of truly epic construction. Larger, with ultra rigid high mass frames. The kind that just won't budge even at high SPLs. Just for the hell of it.

Just a CLX without a budget constraint. Work out what it'd take to do it properly (not hard) then work out what to sell them for. Cost constraints out if the window, so to speak.

I'm betting it'd be very good.

Latest posts

Back