B&W HTM61 used as LCR?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audiophiliac

Reaction score
I have a Salamander triple 12" base that my Mits diamond DLP sits on. I am considering doing a simple sound system for it. I want to add the triple riser and put 3 speakers under the TV. The new B&W HTM61 center looks real slick and 3 of them would fit just perfect 3 across in the rack and look real smooth. Would anyone hesitate to do this as opposed to using the 685 "front" speakers and the HTM61 as the center? If the Fresco i were a bit smaller, I would have tried to stuff 3 of those in there...but its a no go. And this is basically for some better audio while watching TV and playing games...nothing critical.

UPDATE: NEVERMIND! I was looking at inside dimensions....3 HTM61 will not fit inside the shelf...on to plan B....or W....it might get that far in the alphabet. :)

HTM61_l2_w817_h328.jpg

Last edited:
I have never cared for B&W...either the looks or the sound. That is just me. Might check out some JM Focal stuff. Not to expensive and some of it sounds quite good and might fit the space you have...I bought a little 5.1 system for my mom and dad to use with my old 53" Pioneer Elite Pro510 TV and Elite VSX49TX receiver. Sounds pretty good too!

Thing is we are a B&W dealer....and not a Focal dealer... ;)

I have never really cared for the B&W sound when it comes to music. But they really do good in HT environments. I would do an audition, but I dont think my boss would appreciate me opening 3 HTM61s just to try it out. :)

What else do you sell other than B&W? You are bound to have more than ONE speaker brand on the floor...

Paradigm....I am also considering a trio of mini monitors...

ML, Wilson, Krell, Gallo, and I have access to a few others easily. The thing that draws me to B&W for this application is their excellent dialog intelligibility. The Paradigms are also really good at this though too...the B&W HTM61 looks better than the minis too IMHO. Again, this isnt a reference system....just getting a better sound for casual TV watching and Xbox 360 playing. I dont want to spend a fortune, and I would like them to all fit in the Salamander stand....that really limits me, I know...I have looked at everything we sell, and these seem to be my options. :)

Basically, the dimensions I am working with are 19.75" wide and 8.5" tall.....they need to fit in there. :)

I'll throw out another option I briefly threw around....but am not too sure about...Paradigm Reference Millenia Trio
millenia20trio_25_off.jpg

Last edited:
Just for reference, this is a general idea of what the TV stand will look like with the riser. The TV is a Mitsubishi Diamond 57" DLP.

Attachments

• salamander1.JPG
    salamander1.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 217

Latest posts

Back