Are you seriously interested in the CLX?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Matz

Reaction score
Just curious how many folks here are serious about purchasing the CLX? If you are, how seriously (or not) will you audition it? Will you take it home, A/B it against comparably priced speakers (maybe Magico, Revel, Avalon, Sonus Faber, Soundlab etc.)? Or will you buy just hearing it at the dealer, because it is a Martin Logan?

See my thread on the UK list price:eek:, discovered today. Therefore, I'd wager UK purchases will be very humble indeed.

Yes I am serioulsy interested. Very interested...It may be my next speaker. My dealer has offered me the first pair.

nope, i was real curious about it, but i think that i'm now much more likely to repanel my CLS.

I am completely satisfied with my system but as we all get a case of joeyitis I will defintely consider the CLX as my next upgrade. I spoke with the Michigan dealer today and he informed me that he most likely will not have a pair before this fall. ML has not told him that they are available.

See my thread on the UK list price:eek:, discovered today. Therefore, I'd wager UK purchases will be very humble indeed.

User211, they are a fortune here also. You can buy a family sedan and drive it for 6-10 years for that money.

Yes I am serioulsy interested. Very interested...It may be my next speaker. My dealer has offered me the first pair.

Diamonds,

How serious of an audition are you going to do before you finalize your choice? I am sure they sound AMAZING, but there is a lot of good stuff at that price point, and I would want to (dis)confirm my already biased opinion.

Diamonds,

How serious of an audition are you going to do before you finalize your choice? I am sure they sound AMAZING, but there is a lot of good stuff at that price point, and I would want to (dis)confirm my already biased opinion.

I would probably buy them without auditioning them. I bought my Summits that way and it worked out well.

My god that's what I call faith! Don't forget they are a tinsy bit more expensive than the Summits:D

I would probably buy them without auditioning them. I bought my Summits that way and it worked out well.

But you dumped them! From another thread:

"I have a harsh room and I got rid of my Summits for the very reason you speak of."

I am very interested in the CLX and would gladly make an even trade of my Summits for a pair. :D

But as for spending twice as much as the Summits cost to get a pair, I don't see it happening. And it isn't that I can't afford to if I want; I just don't believe the price/performance ratio is going to be worth it. Of course, I have been wrong before.

the same day i win the lottery.

If I won the lottery I would have a set of E2's whipped up for me...forget the CLX's. I am disappointed w/ the look. In fact I am not much for the look of any of the new stuff that is not in the top 2 or three slots. I like the look of the Summits and those that are comparable (what??? Vista and Vantage I guess) but not the rest of the line up...

YMMV!

Yeah, I've got an idea. Sell the place and buy something else. Put the cart before the horse - always the audiophile way!!!!!!

Quite seriously, I bought this place with a view to the appropriateness of the listening facilities, and I always would in the future!

Actually, not a bad idea, but a lot of pain in the behind!

part of any presentation is the look and feel of the equipment..the CLX:confused:/:eek:... compared to the CLS...and it is not in practice/nor as much as a full range electrostat as it's predecessor....should have freshened the CLSz2 instead IMHO.

Latest posts

Back