Anyone heard the label "Naim"?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audioraptured

Reaction score
Good evening members. I wanted to purchase a cd called "The world's best cd recordings from Naim", but I have not heard of the label as yet. Are there any listeners who have any cd's from this "True Stereo" company, especially if you have heard this particular cd? It is reported to be recorded with only a pair of microphones and no processing. Thanks in advance

This is Naim as in the audio equipment company. Similar philosophy to many of the "audiophile" labels - minimalist miking, processing etc. Tends to be soloist small group stuff which is easy to deal with. Others Mapleshade, M.A.,Dorian, Chesky, Glossa, Tact pop to mind.

I have not heard the c.d. but have heard Naim recordings elsewhere. Definitely worth a shot.

Kevin

Some time ago I was also wondering about this label, so I bought sampler 3 and sampler 5 from here:

http://www.thenaimlabel.co.uk/samplers.htm

nice, but quite far away from the Burmester CD's. Anyway, at 5 GBP apiece it's quite cheap. And if you put them on eBay you'll get some bozos paying you twice the price for them, just because of the word "Naim" :D

Anyone heard the label

Thanks kwr, I will get it sometime next week and will let you know how I thought it sounded.

lugano; good evening, in your opinion, what are the top 3 Burmester recordings, ( I like classical and new age over jazz; guitar and piano over violin and chello)? Thanks in advance

Back